SIG civilian MPX

MD Charlton please get this right. This would be a deciding factor in buying this "pistol" or not.

If Sig Sauer manufactures a magazine that is designed for BOTH a pistol AND a semi-automatic rifle, then I would expect the RCMP lab to rule that they all have to be pinned to 5 rounds. If an after-market company designed a magazine for JUST the pistol, then I would expect that one to be allowed to be 10 rounds.

Supposedly you can swap the barrels out easily and quickly. Go from a pistol length barrel to the carbine rifle length barrel in 9mm and .40. All you need are the parts and the magazine. Would be pretty cool to see this at the market.

I was chatting with a dealer. The RCMP has one in their lab now. Just a matter of when they get around to reviewing it.

so I came across the sig mpx-c model which is just awesome, it basically has a suppressor looking type of muzzle brake built in the carbine, its still only considered a muzzle break until some sort of Can/shroud is slipped on over. I really hope these come to Canada soon.

i really like that mpx-c.

I don't understand the context of this statement: "As the only authorized and approved importer of Sig Sauer product, we are solely responsible for the import of the MPX. No one else is able to start this process.". What would hold an individual or another company buying one from the US, have it shipped like other guns, go through RCMP bureaucracy, etc...

Its means they are the only authorized Canadiian importer- distributer of Sig Sauer in Canada. Other US companies who offer import services might try to get the gun up here once the FRT is issued by the RCMP. I doubt they would or could go through the time and expense to actually submit a firearm to the RCMP for testing

I would buy one in each barrel length.

Did you watch the video? You only need one, the barrel change is stupid easy and fast.

MD Charlton, I read the earlier section, have the RCMP received the two MPXs already? If so that would be awesome!

Also, I was under the impression the MPX trigger group wasn't inspired by the AR15, but that it was an AR15 trigger group.

Last edited:
Probably soon, like 4 years or so from now. Hell if the GSG STG44 22lr still isn't approved and that sample went in for evaluation in 2011, I'm not holding y breath for anything anymore

According to Sig Evolution, the MPX has started to ship to some, not all, but some of its distributors.... MD Charlton, in your best estimates, can you give a very rough or possibly loose time frame as to when we may be able start placing an order for the MPX or when we may see it available for purchase through different retailers?

MD Charlton, are you also able to update us as to how far along the RCMP are in deciding whether or not they will allow the MPX into Canada for sale and whether or not the magazine will stay at 10 rounds or be shortened to 5 rounds?

Back
Top Bottom