$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M14.CA Blackfeather and Scout Hand Guard installation video.

M14.CA Blackfeather and Scout Hand Guard installation video.

Here's part 1 of the installation I did on my M1A. I included all obstacles I encountered in case any of you do too.

Part 1

Part 2

Tony.
    Last edited by TonyBen; 10-05-2014 at 10:24 PM.

I've been hoping someone would do a install video ! Thanks a bunch tony for all your vids , very helpful :-)

Great video thank you.
    Travis Kay
    http://www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

CGN Regular
    Great video, thanks for posting.

The business with removing / reducing the knurling on the barrel seems like a giant PITA and it cries out to be turned down rather than sanded or lapped using the old guide block.

Is this is misfit of the new op rod guide on this particular barrel or are they all like this?

According to Frank, the Chinese rifles in Canada usuallu have undersized bosses on the barrels and they typically need to be knurled. Here in the US, you will have some that are worn, oversized or knurled. The ideal way is to remove the barrel and turn it on a lathe. These instructions are meant to show the methods that a do-it-yourselfer could use to get around not having advanced equipment.

I have never seen anyone turn the barrel down the way I did. I literally just thought it up when I was making the video. It worked, so I left it in the video. I was happy with the results. You can also use a sanding drum to enlarge the opening in the ORG.

Tony.

Good video Tony. You sure had a harder time fitting the Op Rod Guide (ORG) than I did. I had a similar concern to you that using emery cloth might ovalize the ORG boss. Instead of your approach I just kept measuring the boss dimensions as I sanded it down. Got it done in about 30 minutes, going slow but I left it a little wider than you did (by about 0.001"). The biggest concern that I had was aligning the ORG with the stock.

Anyway, I don't think anyone can complain about how the stock is performing.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

Now I can't wait for my order to arrive. Thanks for the great vid, I'm sure it'll help others and myself who don't have much faith with their local gun smith. Out of curiosity, is there a front and rear designation on the ORG or will it go on in either direction? Any idea when we can expect part 2?

Part 2 will be uploaded in a couple of hours. The computer is preparing the project for upload and from there it's another hour or two to upload to youtube.

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
    Now I can't wait for my order to arrive. Thanks for the great vid, I'm sure it'll help others and myself who don't have much faith with their local gun smith. Out of curiosity, is there a front and rear designation on the ORG or will it go on in either direction? Any idea when we can expect part 2?
    The ORG does not have a front and back. It doesn't matter which side is facing which direction.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

CGN Regular
    Awesome Vid! Thanks! Based on this video I now know that while, I could fit a blackfeather myself, I'm convinced that paying a gunsmith for their time and effort is worth every penny ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast