Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toz-99

My firing pin spring guild striped itself and mangled the spring. Been broken ever sense.
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeee View Post
    Hi folks. My TOZ 99 rocks!!. I have mounted a scope with KWIK site rings and have absolutely no issues. I find that Aguila standard velocity ammo to be the best so far and closely behind CCI standard velocity again. The only down side is the small and thin bolt handle but I am looking to get a machinist to construct a custom one for me. Beats my two 10/22's hands down!!
    Where did you get those rings? The groove on receiver is 8.5mm and most 3/8 rings do not fit. I found one online specifically designed for toz-99 but with our dollar value plus shipping it comes to $80.

Check Cabela's. I bought them for under 30 bucks. They are great because you can use the iron sites too!!

Name:  TOZ 1.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  55.4 KBName:  TOZ 2.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  35.3 KBCheck Cabela's. I bought them for under 30 bucks. They are great because you can use the iron sites too!!

I don't have mine anymore but I'm sure I just put standard 22 rings on mine (3/8) also at Cabellas

The key is to find rings that adjust on both sides and clamp on centered otherwise your scope will be off center. Look at my pics above. Notice how the rings divide straight down the middle. This allows for the rings to tighten equally on both sides of the 8.5 mm dovetail grove.

Excellent, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeee View Post
    The key is to find rings that adjust on both sides and clamp on centered otherwise your scope will be off center. Look at my pics above. Notice how the rings divide straight down the middle. This allows for the rings to tighten equally on both sides of the 8.5 mm dovetail grove.
    A couple more questions on TOZ-99; Have you ever taken the advantage of threaded muzzle? If so what muzzle brake did you use and was there an improvement in accuracy? Mine shoots great the way it is so I'm not sure if muzzle brake would make any difference on this caliber or is the thread just cosmetics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12