Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262728293031

Thread: ***New to Canada*** BERSA THUNDER 9 PRO SEMI-AUTO 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by MBJ View Post
    You may want to revisit that statement.
    If it's not true it almost worked... I was going to buy whatever one I could find in stock somewhere lol Been watching these for a while.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I'm assuming the frame is aluminium by the colour differences in the photos?
    OP says alloy frame.

Got one last week. Have taken it to the range twice and I am NOT impressed at all... I feel like I just wasted $589.

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    Got one last week. Have taken it to the range twice and I am NOT impressed at all... I feel like I just wasted $589.
    Care to elaborate? Why are you not impressed at all?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Too bad... I've got an older one, and it's sweet! Fit and function is tight, and the trigger is excellent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar

With all due respect, check your pistol grip ... the Bersa is not very forgiving of poor hand-positioning.

Also, you may want to attach the Sig-style sights.
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

Well, it is a combination of things. It looks pretty cool like a tough machinery (what is actually is). But, it is not designed and built for recreational shooting, imho. Either my hands are too small or the grip is too thick for me with sharp edges (on left side beaver tail and and a grip joint hurts my thumb). Is it designed to be shot with gloves? I just cannot hold it comfortably and it annoys me. And when I am annoyed I cannot concentrate and shoot well. I heard good things about reset - in my opinion it is too short and soft. And out of the box it came quite dirty (i have no idea what kind of dirt it was but not just oil).
    I put only 30 rounds and am not feeling like it is the one for me. At the same time selling it does not make much sense either as it was relatively cheap in the first place and with discounting in I would not recover much back. So, I guess, I've stack with it for a while without much of desire to keep it.
    Out of my four handguns (Canik 95SF, CZ75 S1, Beretta 92 and Bersa) the Bersa is my least favorite even though I really like the look of it.

Well, it is a combination of things. It looks pretty cool like a tough machinery (what is actually is). But, it is not designed and built for recreational shooting, imho. Either my hands are too small or the grip is too thick for me with sharp edges (on left side beaver tail and and a grip joint hurts my thumb). Is it designed to be shot with gloves? I just cannot hold it comfortably and it annoys me. And when I am annoyed I cannot concentrate and shoot well. I heard good things about reset - in my opinion it is too short and soft. And out of the box it came quite dirty (i have no idea what kind of dirt it was but not just oil).
    I put only 30 rounds and am not feeling like it is the one for me. At the same time selling it does not make much sense either as it was relatively cheap in the first place and with discounting in I would not recover much back. So, I guess, I've stack with it for a while without much of desire to keep it.
    Out of my four handguns (Canik 95SF, CZ75 S1, Beretta 92 and Bersa) the Bersa is my least favorite even though I really like the look of it.
    Agree with most of what you experience, chatterbox.

Although I find the aesthetics, build-quality and accuracy excellent, I also do not find it a comfortable pistol to shoot. Specifically, I experience a 'trigger pinch'. This is the only handgun I've experienced this exact behaviour, despite owning (more than 4... less than 50...) diverse amount of firearms.

As buddy of mine has similar issues when shooting the Thunder Pro, this leave me thinking that it's a design 'flaw' that will pop up for certain individuals, and should not be written off as 'your grip is wrong'.

But I'd be hesitant to call it a 'waste of money'. For you and a handful of others, it's not a comfortable gun. But when we choose to purchase anything online, we forgo the opportunity to handle a specific piece. I am disappointed that the Bersa does not join me on as many range trips as anticipated, but I know I can flip this fairly easily when the mood strikes. I've never felt that it's a wast in terms of losing money or investment.

So yeah, I think it's helpful to relay these types of experiences on the forums, positive and negative. And if I understand TI's previous posts, sounds like EE might well be the only place that one can get the Thunder Pro's now?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Thanks Dr.Islay. As you pointed out I was, probably, too aggressive saying that it was a "waste of money" but it was my opinion at that time. I was not trying to say it would be for everybody as it seems like Thunder Pro has a lot of fans. But unlike you I actually had issues with accuracy. Just for argument sake I'll take it to the range next time and shoot it side by side with my other guns and compare the results.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Trigger biting comes when the trigger finger is out of place when the round is discharged. To avoid this from occurring, focus on adjusting the hand so that the trigger finger is applied flat across the face of the trigger (not on a downward or upward angle). The trigger should be centrally located across the pad of the finger and emphasis should be to ensure that pressure is applied evenly rearwards when the trigger is pulled
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca