Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Clinic CFB Petawawa 30 Nov 2014 DeBrief HERE!

Business Member
    Latest update this evening.....

1930 hrs right now and finishing up the dinner cleaning process.

We are bumped off the Yankee Range on Sunday. We can only do the ONE day M1 / M14 clinic on the Sunday 30 Nov. I will go and change the first post and it's dates. Having been the Precision (read: sniper) Rifle Match Director for the ORA matches shot at Base Borden, I am used to working with Range Control and their booking sequences / procedures. It's their range, and we have to work with what we got! :D

We can discuss the refunds at the clinic or I can EMT you right away.

Cheers and thanks.

Barney

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    Good news.

Pacific Tool and Gauge had a 30-06 pull through reamer with drive rod and bushing on the shelf.
    Hopefully my Criterion barrel will make it here on time.
    Next on the list is a set of Go, No Go gauges and maybe a bolt disassembly tool.
    I have a bolt disassembly tool you can borrow ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    I have a bolt disassembly tool you can borrow ...
    Thanks Morgan,

I may just by one to have in my toolbox.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Both the PTG pull through reamer and the Criterion barrel have arrived on schedule.
    All that is missing now is a set of Go, No-Go gauges..
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    So ah......with this recent development.......how does the airforce test fire/qualify with their Ruger 30-06 bolt action survival rifles???

Maybe they cannot use the CFB Petawawa ranges? Maybe they use the HMG range only?

curious
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

I'm in for sure PM sent!

Nice, just came across this by chance, registration still open? EMT inbound!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Nice, just came across this by chance, registration still open? EMT inbound!
    Yes we still have vacancies...if anyone needs directions or other local info let me know . We will be meeting on base at 0830 at bldg P-141 which is located across the street from the firehall.Its a large white 5 bay garage.Due to recent events there is acheck stop at the maingate and you will need to produce identification to get on base.

Yes we still have vacancies...if anyone needs directions or other local info let me know . We will be meeting on base at 0830 at bldg P-141 which is located across the street from the firehall.Its a large white 5 bay garage.Due to recent events there is acheck stop at the maingate and you will need to produce identification to get on base.
    I would also refrain from mentioning you know Chalkriver, you may be turned away.

Thanks, I'm registered.

I'm going to need directions, I can not find building 141 on the base map: http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Petawaw...ts/BaseMap.pdf

When going through the main gate do I need to declare I have firearms?

Any problem bringing DA or IVI ammo on base?

I'll be bringing:
    -complete 1950's Springfield M1
    -a criterion .308 barrel to mount on one of 5 receivers (have not decided which one to use yet), and all parts to make up a complete rifle.
    -maybe norinco m-14

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast