Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Clinic CFB Petawawa 30 Nov 2014 DeBrief HERE!

Business Member

M1 Garand Clinic CFB Petawawa 30 Nov 2014 DeBrief HERE!

It's official, my first M1 Garand Clinic (after 46 M14 clinics, ha ha ha ha) in Petawawa. The M1 Garand is the grand daddy of the M14 and I've competed with M1 Garands for years and always in .308; interpret that as "I had to do my own barrel replacements."

AND YES, we will rebarrel or install your .30-06 Government issued barrel if you bring your build parts! :D

And YES, I am allowing the M14 and M1A rifles to come along and play and learn... I can multitask.

So if you have a receiver and a barrel to put together, we can make this happen for you at this clinic. I have all the tools. I can even install your .308 Win chambered barrel and then finish ream that chamber and then you test fire at Yankee Range on Sunday. How awesome is this clinic gonna be?

Warning: I've just been reminded that the CFB Petawawa's Range Standing Orders only allow .308 ammo on their ranges and that includes Yankee Range. Sorry No discussion is allowed nor will it be entertained. It's their range and we have to respect it. ONLY .308 (M14's, M305's, and .308 M1 Garands) are allowed to be shot. So plan accordingly for Sunday's practice.

Where:

CFB Petawawa, ON, Base Firehall Storage building (parking lot is where we always meet for the other clinics)

When:

ONLY Sunday, Nov 30th 2014. We got bumped off the Yankee Range, so it's only a single day clinic

Cost:

$ 80 for the weekend NOW $40 for the Single Sunday 30 Nov 2014

Timing:

Gather for 0830
    Casual Start at 0900
    Ending at 1600

Registration and Payment:

EMT the $40 to me with this information:

Name: Tactical Teacher
    Question: What was your OLD CGN handle? I was not always tacticateacher, you know. :D
    Answer: hungry (low caps, no spaces) that way I cannot screw things up
    Email: hungry556 AT rogers.com

What is involved:

- Tools for tweaking, tools to avoid, tools that are nice to have but expensive, tools that are overrated and too expensive
    - Gadgets that are nice to have, need to have, and useless to have (but I had to buy it to show you)
    - Tools that you can make yourself instead of buying, tools that you can have buddies (owe you favors) make up for you
    - Stripping the boomstick (you will be surprised at what I can show you)
    - YES we will pull your rear sights apart, and then get serious with them
    - Assembling the boomstick, and what to look for so that worthwhile tweaks can be or should be made
    - Tweaks that work, tweaks that don't work, expensive tweaks so yer dick does not fall off
    - Useless tweaks unless you have more money than shooting ability (many stories to follow at the clinic)
    - Common pitfalls, expensive tweaks that work, more ways to ensure that yer dick don't fall off
    - Lunch and then tweaking in the afternoon to tighten up your prized M1 Garand
    - Lots of networking and socializing all the time. This is priceless.
    - I am set up to install your USGI or Government .30-06 barrel, no finish chambering needed.
    - I am set up to install your .308 Win barrel on your receiver and then FINISH Chamber, then you test fire at BRRC in the afternoon

Things to bring for Day 1:

* Your M1 Garand rifle or receiver(s) with barrel(s) to be installed
    * Notebook, pens, digital camera, rags,
    * Ball peen hammer, Allen keys SAE since this ain't an M14 clinic (well sort of)
    * Punches, screwdrivers, more punches
    * Plastic or rubber mallet, wood block or 2
    * Masking tape, duct tape

Warning: I've just been reminded that the CFB Petawawa's Range Standing Orders only allow .308 ammo on their ranges and that includes Yankee Range. Sorry No discussion is allowed nor will it be entertained. It's their range and we have to respect it. ONLY .308 (M14's, M305's, and .308 M1 Garands) are allowed to be shot. So plan accordingly for Sunday's practice. Well, we ain't shooting anymore so this directive is irrelevant...

Questions? Post them right here in this forum! Questions about the .30-06 Ban? PM me!

Cheers,
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 12-18-2014 at 07:12 PM.

I so wish I could go to this......
    Do it if you can!

Woohoo!
    Verbal abuse laced with firearms related knowledge! This makes the coming of winter slightly less depressing!

Any one on the fence on this one should go. It will be worth it and then some. Thump___r and my self are in.

Barney, you will have your cash tonight!

Would love to participate but my Garand is a stripped receiver lol. Will see if I can come up with anything between now and then.
    Club Member: FRPC, CFB Kingston Gun Club. Director, Project Mapleseed.

I'm in!
    Andy

Since 1958

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Anyone have a 30-06 pull through reamer that they can bring I'll gladly pay to rent it if I can't find one by then.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Business Member
    I was just reviewing the Range Control Standing Orders.

It seems we are not allowed to shoot .30-06 there. We can only shoot .308 or 556. So just a warning to the .30-06 shooters, you might want to either bring your M14 or M305 or .308 M1

The consequences are not worth the practice so we are warned. It's their range and I have to respect it.

We are guests on their ranges with their rules that we must abide by.

Enough said!

Cheers, Barney.

I am in. I will bring my Garand to work on and M305 to shoot with.
    I never met a gun I did not like!

Quote Originally Posted by SKScanuck View Post
    I am in. I will bring my Garand to work on and M305 to shoot with.
    X2.

The (re)loading sequence has begun................
    Andy

Since 1958

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Good news.

Pacific Tool and Gauge had a 30-06 pull through reamer with drive rod and bushing on the shelf.
    Hopefully my Criterion barrel will make it here on time.
    Next on the list is a set of Go, No Go gauges and maybe a bolt disassembly tool.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast