Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article on the new Sig 320

Article on the new Sig 320

Hey CGN,

This article was just sent to us, and we thought some of you may want to take a read: http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=12268#more-12268

For those that already have a 320, what kind of feedback do you have? How is the pistol working for you? Please feel free to post pics of your 320 here.

To anyone that does not yet have this awesome striker fired pistol, we have stock in 9mm and 40, with extra mags for both calibers. Also, the 320 is included in the IOP program, for those interested. Contact your local dealer for ordering info.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

In my opinion the P320 is an outstanding gun from an engineering and design perspective. Not only is the fire control unit easy to remove without tools, the striker assembly can be removed without hammering! For high-volume shooters that are very picky about gun-cleaning, but struggle with finding enough time to do a thorough job, this is a very attractive plus!

I've tried the P320 briefly during Wanstall's SIG day, and it felt really, really good. However, I'm not in the market yet due to time constraints and I'm waiting for the system to mature in terms of availability of spare parts and armorer's resources, and giving it some time to build a track record.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Yes, I have wanted one for a bit now. But... availability and price... Lots of great pistols out there.

CGN Regular
    The P320 is a soft shooter with a nice trigger! I have taken it to the range a couple of times, and it is a very enjoyable gun to shoot. Ours is accurate as well.

Thanks for the review! I don't believe I have seen a negative review yet.

Looking forward to the Armorer's course for the P320
    Cathy

Is there a two-tone model in the works?

Thanks,

SB
    ...and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswind View Post
    In my opinion the P320 is an outstanding gun from an engineering and design perspective. Not only is the fire control unit easy to remove without tools, the striker assembly can be removed without hammering! For high-volume shooters that are very picky about gun-cleaning, but struggle with finding enough time to do a thorough job, this is a very attractive plus!

I've tried the P320 briefly during Wanstall's SIG day, and it felt really, really good. However, I'm not in the market yet due to time constraints and I'm waiting for the system to mature in terms of availability of spare parts and armorer's resources, and giving it some time to build a track record.
    The Wanstall's Sig day was such a great time; glad you made it out. Not to worry regarding parts and service; we have three certified armourers on staff to look after any issue you may encounter. In addition, as the only approved importer for Sig product, all legitimately purchased product is covered by the factory warranty.

We have a couple of demo's that are upwards of 2000 rounds each, not one single issue has been incurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Yes, I have wanted one for a bit now. But... availability and price... Lots of great pistols out there.
    Several dealers have stock as I type this. Where are you located? I would be happy to direct you to the nearest dealer with inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
    The P320 is a soft shooter with a nice trigger! I have taken it to the range a couple of times, and it is a very enjoyable gun to shoot. Ours is accurate as well.

Thanks for the review! I don't believe I have seen a negative review yet.

Looking forward to the Armorer's course for the P320
    Glad to hear you are enjoying yuor 320!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bear View Post
    Is there a two-tone model in the works?

Thanks,

SB
    Not that I am aware of yet; anything is possible by SHOT show.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Also interested in the longer term opinions of this firearm.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

What is the registered part on these?

Since they are so modular

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post

Several dealers have stock as I type this. Where are you located? I would be happy to direct you to the nearest dealer with inventory.

MDC
    I'm not the guy that posted about availability and price but I am interested in any insight you may have on dealers in Manitoba with the P320 in stock. I would love to get my hands on this gun. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    What is the registered part on these?
    Since they are so modular
    Shawn
    (removed pic, since MDC has smaller version with a pointy arrow aiming at the shiny metal bit, on next post.)

The shiny metal bit just above the grip/frame, is the registered part which has the serial number on it. The polymer frame is just that, a frame, and no different than a set of grips, and are interchangeable for different sizes.

I've got one and it shoots great. I had my (kind of) local range shop order up one from MDC, based on all the positive reviews I'd read. I don't regret it. The trigger is lovely, the sights bang on (no pun intended), and a very stippled grip. A bit more than I'm used to, I'll admit, but it was less bothersome to me than a Glock Gen4 I've held. YMMV, ofc.

I can't really add anything else that the linked article by OP didn't talk about.
    Last edited by Viggen; 10-30-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast