Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think wanstalls is going to say if it's legal or not. That's up to your interpretation. The last thing they want to do is you suing them when something goes down hill.

as with any storage solution, that interpretation is up toy you

I have to disagree a little bit. We can only see pictures... someone who has seen these up close and personal and knows firearms storage laws (Wanstalls) would be better qualified to at least comment on it.

I have to disagree a little bit. We can only see pictures... someone who has seen these up close and personal and knows firearms storage laws (Wanstalls) would be better qualified to at least comment on it.

Agreed. I like these alot, but I'm not crazy about jumping into a pit of 'Liberal interpretations' that may result from vagueries of Canuckistan storage laws.
I see it potentially playing out like this; "Hey there, little fella. Mind picking up that soap?"

Restricted Storage requirements: Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into; or
Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

Dictionary definitions:
Safe: any receptacle or structure for the storage or preservation of articles:

Lock: a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.

Key: something that affords a means of access:

I would say it meets the dictionary definition of a safe. There is no criminal code definition of a safe, and so no matter what you say it is open to interpretation. I don't remember who it was or where but there was a guy yrs ago who's safe was broken into over a few days while he was away. I believe he still got charged. I am sure someone with more knowledge will join in.
I think you are better off putting a firearm in one of these than a CT stack-on gun "safe". If you don't know there is a safe, you don't know what to break in to

Restricted Storage requirements: Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into; or
Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

Dictionary definitions:

Lock: a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.

I would say it meets the dictionary definition of a safe. There is no criminal code definition of a safe, and so no matter what you say it is open to interpretation. I don't remember who it was or where but there was a guy yrs ago who's safe was broken into over a few days while he was away. I believe he still got charged. I am sure someone with more knowledge will join in.
I think you are better off putting a firearm in one of these than a CT stack-on gun "safe". If you don't know there is a safe, you don't know what to break in to

But anyone with their heart set on stealing guns would surely google gun storage options and possiby see these. I could spot on of those shelves now if I ever saw one and wouldn't need a "special" type of magnet to open it. There's nothing unique about magnets so it's only protection is that someone has never seen these before. I'd get something like this if it had a small hidden compartment that actually took a real key, or combo, and was built sturdy enough to be considered a safe. I think the magnet lock is a bad idea. How hard would it be to have a hidden keyhole?

Dictionary definitions:

I agree with your definitions and reasoning. A judge might also. However, as you referred to, the reality is that whether you are right or wrong will not stop you being arrested, having the police recommend charges, and having some "motivated" crown counsel laying charges and prosecuting you. An expensive & stressful experience...
I say, always err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
Cool idea, and I'd totally buy one, except I certainyl don't think they meet storage requirements of restricted.
Wouldn't want to have this and trigger locks.

They just need to beef up security of the locking system, and they might have me

Alright question, hypothetically, if I put the mirror in my walk in closet and have a solid locking door on my closet would it count? The mirror locks and is secured to the wall and the door is locked and there are no windows in the closet.

Great, I showed this thread to my wife and she says you can now build us some storage shelving on my vacation. Drats, I was hoping to go hunting next week. May have to put off shelves for a month......

Here's the long and the short of it...

Regardless if you store your guns in a safe, drawer, shelf or a mirror; if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you're going to be in trouble. Past cases prove that. The decision is now on you as to how you want to store your firearms in order to keep you and your family safe.

I recommend that if you buy one of these and the RCMP contacts you to set up a date for inspection, you should probably store your firearms in a proper safe and lock them up. I find it unlikely that they will deem one of these as proper storage.

We can sit here and debate it all day. We all know the silly rules and it's up to you as to how far you want to stretch them.

(Flame Suit On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom