Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Thanks Super7, there are some older Brownings out there that were factory milled with receiver dovetails, but most use the cantilever scope mount attached to the barrel as you say.
    That is correct . I have a Belgian Browning in 22 short & the receiver is grooved . I also have a Japanese Browning in 22 LR (no groove) Scope mount is mounted to the barrel . Just received my crude Chinese copy (JW-20) The barrel is drilled & tapped for the mount & it looks like the holes are in the same place as my 22 LR Browning barrel . I will say if you stand back 10' and compare the JW-20 to my original Browning's the JW looks OK . But any closer & you see why it is a $125. rifle .
    lol
    This is the mount I have for my Browning

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    I will say if you stand back 10' and compare the JW-20 to my original Browning's the JW looks OK . But any closer & you see why it is a $125. rifle .
    As long as it functions and shoots well it will be a handy "beater"!

Lot's of people like the barrel mounted rails but I'd prefer to also have the option of the rimfire groove in the receiver. I've watched a few older one (.22lr) go by on the EE over the years but never pulled the trigger.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Where do you get the scope mounts?

I bought mine! Don't need another .22 but couldn't resist at that price!!

I got mine and am quite impressed with the look of the wood. The gun has a nice weight to it which speaks durability. Cant wait to take it out. My takedown switch is really hard to move, takes a few taps with a punch to get it moving. hopefully it loosens up after a range trip...
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

I bought one of these from canam during the sale for my 10 year old.
    Opened the box to find it in a bag coated in oil I guess. So we took it apart in it's entirety (great way to teach the kids the ins and outs of his new rifle)
    First impressions I was very impressed with the wood finish. Not so impressed with the barrel lock up. It seemed quite loose. Another member pm'd me some tricks to get the barrel to seat nicely and it worked. Took the kid out to the woods yesterday and set up pop cans and balloons id say approx 50 yards and the kid couldn't miss. The smile he had was a tell tale sign that it was a great purchase! Haha
    I love guns

great i got mine a week ago for $169 guess my timing was off on this deal!
    happiness is going hunting with friends, and coming home with all of them!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by can14 View Post
    Where do you get the scope mounts?
    You should be able to order it from any gun shop. It's a Weaver product from what I remember....

edit. quick google search and it seems there are different options available including from Browning.
    Try Brownells if your local shop can't help you.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Here is the Weaver mount
    Remove the space in the http to see the site
    ht tp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/821592-REG/Weaver_48064_Top_Mount_Base.html
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is the JW20 stock hardwood,or soft wood? I bought my NS 522, and the stock looks like some sort of very soft Philippine mahogany,seen pallets made of better stuff and that makes refinishing a challang.
    I might pick one up if they are reasonably accurate,but the main feature I like is the take down,it could be packed away In a small case
    As the free shipping was $200,and the NS 522 $199,I added a Swedish Mora knife($17) to bring the total up,pretty good bush knife,takes a good edge.
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 11-10-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast