Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

mh434

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Just saw that CanadaAmmo has the JW-20 .22 takedown (exact copy of the Browning) on sale for $125!!!!

That is, by far, the cheapest I've ever seen these. I bought one a while back, and I absolutely LOVE this little rifle. Eats everything, dead-nuts reliable, amazingly accurate, takes down to a really short package for travel etc.

Thanks Super7, there are some older Brownings out there that were factory milled with receiver dovetails, but most use the cantilever scope mount attached to the barrel as you say.

I ordered one for the boy, then another for me. 125 for these is just to good to pass up. I would like to see pics of a scope mount too.

$125 is a fantastic price. I always wanted the Browning, but couldn't justify it. I recently went to a gun show and picked up a used JW 20 for $120.00. Apparently it had been fine tuned by a gunsmith - not sure what was done, but it works great. I was shocked to see a new one offered for $125.00.
Stosh

Thanks Super7, there are some older Brownings out there that were factory milled with receiver dovetails, but most use the cantilever scope mount attached to the barrel as you say.

That is correct . I have a Belgian Browning in 22 short & the receiver is grooved . I also have a Japanese Browning in 22 LR (no groove) Scope mount is mounted to the barrel . Just received my crude Chinese copy (JW-20) The barrel is drilled & tapped for the mount & it looks like the holes are in the same place as my 22 LR Browning barrel . I will say if you stand back 10' and compare the JW-20 to my original Browning's the JW looks OK . But any closer & you see why it is a $125. rifle .:rolleyes:
lol
This is the mount I have for my Browning
DSCN0139_zps0b508299.jpg

DSCN0140_zps50b9a423.jpg

I will say if you stand back 10' and compare the JW-20 to my original Browning's the JW looks OK . But any closer & you see why it is a $125. rifle .:rolleyes:

As long as it functions and shoots well it will be a handy "beater"!

Lot's of people like the barrel mounted rails but I'd prefer to also have the option of the rimfire groove in the receiver. I've watched a few older one (.22lr) go by on the EE over the years but never pulled the trigger.

I got mine and am quite impressed with the look of the wood. The gun has a nice weight to it which speaks durability. Cant wait to take it out. My takedown switch is really hard to move, takes a few taps with a punch to get it moving. hopefully it loosens up after a range trip...

I bought one of these from canam during the sale for my 10 year old.
Opened the box to find it in a bag coated in oil I guess. So we took it apart in it's entirety (great way to teach the kids the ins and outs of his new rifle)
First impressions I was very impressed with the wood finish. Not so impressed with the barrel lock up. It seemed quite loose. Another member pm'd me some tricks to get the barrel to seat nicely and it worked. Took the kid out to the woods yesterday and set up pop cans and balloons id say approx 50 yards and the kid couldn't miss. The smile he had was a tell tale sign that it was a great purchase! Haha

Where do you get the scope mounts?

You should be able to order it from any gun shop. It's a Weaver product from what I remember....

edit. quick google search and it seems there are different options available including from Browning.
Try Brownells if your local shop can't help you.

Is the JW20 stock hardwood,or soft wood? I bought my NS 522, and the stock looks like some sort of very soft Philippine mahogany,seen pallets made of better stuff and that makes refinishing a challang.
I might pick one up if they are reasonably accurate,but the main feature I like is the take down,it could be packed away In a small case
As the free shipping was $200,and the NS 522 $199,I added a Swedish Mora knife($17) to bring the total up,pretty good bush knife,takes a good edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom