Thread: Moving Sale! Updated Nov 11th! Walnut M14's

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Saved for more items.

For the love of God, end the suspense!!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

Quote Originally Posted by Remisteel View Post
    I am pretty sure the reason some of the .308's are shorter is because they are re-chambering a 30.06 Barrel for a .308 cartridge, if you get a barrel made for .308 I am pretty sure you will not need to shorten everything else.
    If u put a modern made 30.06, do you have to worry about commercial ammo being too hot ??

I picked up a berretta receiver when that had those polish Tt-33 .22s for 99$. Still haven't shot it yet.
    I am pretty sure the reason some of the .308's are shorter is because they are re-chambering a 30.06 Barrel for a .308 cartridge, if you get a barrel made for .308 I am pretty sure you will not need to shorten everything else.

BTW just bought the last two Bredas, site said out of stock but a little bird told me there is many more on the way

Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    If u put a modern made 30.06, do you have to worry about commercial ammo being too hot ??
    That is a good observation, There are three kinds of M1's. The new ones made by Springfield Armory. The old ones from WW2 you can buy. And match M1 Garands made for competition.
    The match grade M1's are fine with 180gr. This would be a rifle that set you back thousands or more. The new Springfield Armory M1 Garand you will not harm with a few boxes of 180gr ammo. These rifles have been optomized for 150 to 168 grain ammo and a few grains are not going to matter safety wise. The old WW2 models if you use the heavier hotter loads it is something I would not recommend. Considering you have no clue what the previous owners did with your parts it is always better to err on the side of caution. If you really want to shoot the newer loads in the older gun you can get the gas block modified for modern ammunition, or look around see if you can get an adjustable gas port.

Remi

That is a good observation, There are three kinds of M1's. The new ones made by Springfield Armory. The old ones from WW2 you can buy. And match M1 Garands made for competition.
    The match grade M1's are fine with 180gr. This would be a rifle that set you back thousands or more. The new Springfield Armory M1 Garand you will not harm with a few boxes of 180gr ammo. These rifles have been optomized for 150 to 168 grain ammo and a few grains are not going to matter safety wise. The old WW2 models if you use the heavier hotter loads it is something I would not recommend. Considering you have no clue what the previous owners did with your parts it is always better to err on the side of caution. If you really want to shoot the newer loads in the older gun you can get the gas block modified for modern ammunition, or look around see if you can get an adjustable gas port.

Remi
    Thanks for the enlightment.

Quote Originally Posted by frumpy View Post
    Please stop... my wallet can't take it
    Agree...my wife gonna k%^@$* me...if I buy ...AGAIN!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    My wife is tough, she pays the the bills and so far... Not a single critisisim... JP

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    My wife is tough, she pays the the bills and so far... Not a single critisisim... JP
    Your wife should have a talk with mine! lol...

223 ammo please/please/please to heavy to move

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Oscar, Mike, Golf...the Italian walnut M14. Resolve is gone. All hope is lost. Take my money...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast