Stalingrad special possible

surly

Regular
Hi John. I just seen the movie STALINGRAD on one of the movie channels and I must say it was quite well made. It has sub-titles but that made the movie even more genuine I think. Even my daughter watched it with me and enjoyed it. All the PPSH - k98-nagant-tokarevs etc got me a thinkin is it possible to do a christmass special to honour ALL who perished. I see you have a wood Pietta 22 PPSH and a Tokarev pistol for the Russian deal and over on the German side you have the Star pistol and the Norinco K98 22 trainer. This would make a great SPECIAL hint hint. My daughter now wants a ppsh-22 under the tree!

I agree it would be sweet to have a Stalingrad deal, but cmon its gotta have a Mosin in it, as it was it's the main russian rifle, and svt wouldn't hurt. My suggestion would be do the deal on anniversary of lifting of the siege. with a USSR flag thrown in

I like your mantra. Add a SVT and a Tokarev. I am sure that those Marstar maniacs have a T-34 somewhere too.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but with that train of thought, WWII sales, Red rifle sales, Cowboy sales, ect would fall in the same category, but to each their own

im not talking of basing on death, talking of sale on day of siege end, to celebrate the end of the suffering. keep in mind more civilians died in the city than soldiers. Also it does mark the turning point in WW2.

Basing a sale on the tragic deaths of millions is in bad taste.

I have been there ,now its known as Volgograd and i can tell you the Russian's exploit the hell out of the place and story, they dont seem to mind. many vendors selling trinkets on the side of the street , heres one that was made with a old German flare , blown up 8mm case with a unspent primer and what seems to be a live 8mm round! also a spent 54r , crazy i was able to get it on the plane lol.

DSC01687_zps4a5e60aa.jpg

DSC01690_zps2b97d06f.jpg

So if more people do it it makes it less shameful?

Maybe in a few years we will have Remembrance Day BLOWOUTS!

Basing a sale on the tragic deaths of millions is in bad taste.

I don't think thats where he was going with that. War memorabilia is quite common and has more to do with nostalgia than the profititibility of dead people.
Yes the battle was awful but how many rich hollywood producers have made millions off of WWII?

I like the history of it and I would be interested in a Stanilgrad Special (maybe call it a Comrade Special)

also if I could buy all thse guns together as a collection and save money over buying them individually, I would be super stoked. Also, it would be sweet if potential combo had a Russian overcoat and fur hat.

Oh I guess I am a evil gun owner now as I have many Winchester commerative rifles too. I will go down to the local reserve and burn them in a big pile as I would not want offend anyone especially our productive and crimeless native population. How about you buy them from me for about 90 thousand big ones and you can destroy them and feel all good about yourself. My motive was not to offend but to enjoy firearms and their history. I also have many other commerative weapons such as from KOREA - D-DAY - ETC. Get a life there buddy.

you may or my not know this, but most first person shooter games are released on anniversary of 9/11.

Any supporting evidence? I find that a little far fetched seeing as the only game genre I played since 1997 was first person shooters and they generally are released around gift giving holidays

Another great Russian language World War 2 film that has come out semi-recently is The Fortress of War (a.k.a. The Brest Fortress), if you like realistic and bleak, it is well worth the watch.

Back
Top Bottom