Are these pistol mags?

Nope these are not legal in canada bro.
And I'm sure if you tried to order them the gents at Zahal would not sell them. They are very familiar with canadian law and the RC's

They no more illegal than a P mag. You just have to make sure they are pinned to 5rd before they are imported.

Unfortunately these mags were made for California and other "less-free" US states.

We've done various pinned Vz magazines in the past, but with the wealth of already pinned AR-15 magazines in Canada, we don't see a lot of value in pinning ten rounders specifically for Canadian sales.

Unfortunately these mags were made for California and other "less-free" US states.

We've done various pinned Vz magazines in the past, but with the wealth of already pinned AR-15 magazines in Canada, we don't see a lot of value in pinning ten rounders specifically for Canadian sales.

You should ask the manufacturer to label them as 10-round LAR pistol mags. I promise you would sell a ton of them in Canada.

I would as well, but they'd have to be approved by the RC's and since this is an open forum on the Internet with many rc' that frequent it, they'd clearly get the picture and NOT approve them.
Not trying to be a downer, just realistic. The RC's are all over this site, observing everything. You certainly won't be sneaking anything past them in an open forum.

You should ask the manufacturer to label them as 10-round LAR pistol mags. I promise you would sell a ton of them in Canada.
you have to do a lot more then just put a label on them for Canadian sales, you have to prove that they were made and intended for pistols.
these guys are great, and more then willing to fill the CDN market, but the rules and the rules.
simon

Not trying to sneak anything past anyone.

These mags may very well be intended as AR-pistol magazines. But not every jurisdiction requires them to be labelled as such.

The Rock River Arms pistol magazines that are common in Canada, are also sold in USA.
But the ones sold to American customers are not labelled, because they don't need it.

Your wrong

How am I wrong?

Irunguns sells RRA mags. They are the exact same mags that are sold in Canada as 10-round pistol mags.

But they are not "labelled" as pistol mags, so they are pinned to 5 rounds.

I would think as long as a mag was designed for a pistol they're good to go. Just because a manufacturer is cognizant of Canadian law and knows he'll be able to sell to Canadians who will use his pistol mag for rifles, doesn't make it not designed for a pistol.

That would be like being charged with tax evasion because you knew your RRSP would reduce your taxes, but you went ahead and opened one anyway. :)

These particular ones though, seeing as they're listed under rifle accessories, are probably a no go.

Back
Top Bottom