Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are these pistol mags?

I would as well, but they'd have to be approved by the RC's and since this is an open forum on the Internet with many rc' that frequent it, they'd clearly get the picture and NOT approve them.
    Not trying to be a downer, just realistic. The RC's are all over this site, observing everything. You certainly won't be sneaking anything past them in an open forum.
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    You should ask the manufacturer to label them as 10-round LAR pistol mags. I promise you would sell a ton of them in Canada.
    you have to do a lot more then just put a label on them for Canadian sales, you have to prove that they were made and intended for pistols.
    these guys are great, and more then willing to fill the CDN market, but the rules and the rules.
    simon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Not trying to sneak anything past anyone.

These mags may very well be intended as AR-pistol magazines. But not every jurisdiction requires them to be labelled as such.

The Rock River Arms pistol magazines that are common in Canada, are also sold in USA.
    But the ones sold to American customers are not labelled, because they don't need it.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Your wrong

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Your wrong
    How am I wrong?

Irunguns sells RRA mags. They are the exact same mags that are sold in Canada as 10-round pistol mags.

But they are not "labelled" as pistol mags, so they are pinned to 5 rounds.

CGN frequent flyer
    I would think as long as a mag was designed for a pistol they're good to go. Just because a manufacturer is cognizant of Canadian law and knows he'll be able to sell to Canadians who will use his pistol mag for rifles, doesn't make it not designed for a pistol.

That would be like being charged with tax evasion because you knew your RRSP would reduce your taxes, but you went ahead and opened one anyway.

These particular ones though, seeing as they're listed under rifle accessories, are probably a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    You should ask the manufacturer to label them as 10-round LAR pistol mags. I promise you would sell a ton of them in Canada.
    Thanks but we've had our fill of pistol magazines for the moment. When the RCMP or whatever legal body in Canada rules consistently we'll revisit the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12