Thread: CX4 Mags

CX4 Mags

Can Reliable or anyone else tell me if the CX4 for sale on the site takes 92 mags or PX4 mags? And confirm that 96 mags work in 92 mag handguns and CX4 storms?

Thanks!

there are no CX4 mags being brought in to canada, they are required to be pinned at 5 rounds. (for they are rifle mags)
    my 90-two mag says (BP CAL. 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 431b_r View Post
    there are no CX4 mags being brought in to canada, they are required to be pinned at 5 rounds. (for they are rifle mags)
    my 90-two mag says (BP CAL. 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY)
    You are wrong, the Beretta Storm CX4 can either take Beretta 92/96 magazines or PX4 magazines.
    Most of the non restricted Beretta Storm CX4 sold in Canada use Beretta 92 magazines. And you are legally able to use 10 round Beretta 92 magazines inside a Beretta Storm CX4.
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    You are wrong, the Beretta Storm CX4 can either take Beretta 92/96 magazines or PX4 magazines.
    Most of the non restricted Beretta Storm CX4 sold in Canada use Beretta 92 magazines. And you are legally able to use 10 round Beretta 92 magazines inside a Beretta Storm CX4.
    That's what he means. The "official" CX4 mag is limited to 5 rounds, so the importers and retailers don't bring them it. What comes with the CX4 Storms in Canada are the Beretta HANDGUN mags, which the CX4 can take and since they are handgun mags, are limited to 10 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Your kind of wrong too, the CX4 was designed to use 92/96 mags. You can use PX4 mags with an adapter. Which costs extra.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

CGN Regular
    From the RCMP ...

Please read #2 carefully!

There is absolutely no dispute. CX4 mags manufactured specifically for the CX4 must be pinned to 5 rounds or they are prohibited ...

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

But as per #4 and #5 you can definitely use 92 and 96 series magazine in the rifle legally ...
    Last edited by yuuup!; 12-07-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added but ...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    Your kind of wrong too, the CX4 was designed to use 92/96 mags. You can use PX4 mags with an adapter. Which costs extra.
    Any idea where you can get the PX4 mag well adapter for the CX4? I'd love to get my hands on one. Seems like a bit of a Unicorn ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    Any idea where you can get the PX4 mag well adapter for the CX4? I'd love to get my hands on one. Seems like a bit of a Unicorn ...
    To correct. ALL CX4 rifles use an adapter to fit the magazine in and a different magazine release button. The open mag well on the rifle accepts an insert to use the 92/96 magazine, something called a cougar magazine or a PX4 pistol magazine. You must also change the mag release button as its slot must match up to the one on the mag which are in different positions. The inserts are not hard to find. They are available to order from any Beretta dealer for around $25.00, the mag button is another $20.00. You can legally use the 96 mag in your 92 equipped CX4, it will fit, it is the same insert. You can legally use your PX4 pistol magazine in your PX4 equipped CX4. If you had a 40S&W PX4 magazine you could use it in your 9mm PX4 insert, same one.

CGN Regular
    Awesome! Now that the NR CX4's are here, I may be switching my pistol carbine combo from a Sub2k+92fs to a CX4+PX4 ...

Time to start saving up ...