Optic Mount Systems for the Vz58: A Brief Review

I am happy to announce we have solved our issues with customs and are now shipping again CSA parts: http://www.zahal.org/products/sa-short-optic-mount-receiver-side-rail

cz-lmp_and_mount.jpg

Do the dust cover mounts accuratly line up with the aluminum railed forend? Mine doesn't. Is there more than one of this exact railed dust cover? I got mine from. Corwin.

Do the dust cover mounts accuratly line up with the aluminum railed forend? Mine doesn't. Is there more than one of this exact railed dust cover? I got mine from. Corwin.

We really can't comment on Corwin's mounts, because they're source is likely different from ours. There are several people manufacturing these dust cover mounts in Czech Republic.

Keep in mind that the aluminum fore-end is a Fab Defense product, while the dust cover mounts are Cz. If they do line up: that's great! But the products are not designed or manufactured as a set.

That being said: with Shot Show over we have some exciting new Vz58 optic mounts planned for 2016. Think lightweight. Think Kalashnikov.

what's the best way to mount something like a vortex sparc 2 or sparc AR on a vz58? Would it work with the low profile mount that is attatched on the side rail ?

what's the best way to mount something like a vortex sparc 2 or sparc AR on a vz58? Would it work with the low profile mount that is attatched on the side rail ?

I have a SPARC II on a low profile sidemount on my CSA with the collapsible M4 stock. It is the perfect height for a proper cheek weld. I know a lot of people prefer to mount red dots up front but for me this is perfect. It allows me to take more accurate shots. I do have the SPARC mounted all the way to the front of the rail and have about 7 inches from the sight to my eye.

If you have a non CSA rifle chances are the stock will point slightly more downward than the ones with the CSA AR15 stock adapter. I am glad they intentionally raised the stock angle because it works great for optics on the low mount side rail mount.

Back
Top Bottom