Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: New Factory Direct SAM pricing

Any more 40's expected at that price?

In answer to several questions:

SAM stopped the "Matt" stainless finish due to QC issues, this was unfortunate as I preferred that finish. Later deliveries were all a polished finish and I would be very hesitant to re-order the matt finish due to their inconsistency.

We will be making up a new order in the New Year, delivery has always taken SAM a few months. We have a good inventory of some models and sold out of others. As always no deposit is required with your order. We will not accept deposits until we have a guaranteed delivery and price confirmation after which a deposit will secure you a gun. Prices in 2015 could well change due to the dollar exchange rate which makes our "in stock" models a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smcx View Post
    Any idea of what the difference is between the stainless and the "new finish V2" models?
    Flats are polished on V2, other surfaces are just blasted, where V1 was all blasted.
    Depending on personal preference really, I like the blasted look, doesn't show finger prints, won't show scratches as easy, easier to touch up if it does get banged up.
    The S&A type magwell is a nice touch on these as well. The front strap checkering is SHARP....very grippy.
    Matte V1

V2

Can we Cerakote a stainless? i am thinking of dual tone! flat black the slide!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    I would be all over the Blasted S/S Thunderbolt if it didn't have that aggressive checkering in front and behind. I shot a 1911 with that style and it tore up my hand uncomfortably.
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    Can we Cerakote a stainless? i am thinking of dual tone! flat black the slide!
    Sure, black nitride works too.

Do you guys think it will be over kill to install a Wilson combat kit into the thunderbolt?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    I would be all over the Blasted S/S Thunderbolt if it didn't have that aggressive checkering in front and behind. I shot a 1911 with that style and it tore up my hand uncomfortably.
    I'm with you on that. I've got an STI with their "STIppling" or whatever they call it. Feels weird on the front strap and is useless on the MSH. I do like a serrated MSH to keep the gun from shifting in my palm. I'm sure the front strap texturing has a purpose for some, but for me it's kind of distracting.

I'm up for the polished look. I saw the blasted one in person and didn't like it at all. Reminded me of rough cast metal. Brushed is more my thing, like my SR1911.

But I like shiny stuff anyway, so that's my bias. It's nice to see choice.

Now if Wolverine would think about bringing in some of the two-tones as shown on the Shooters Arms site.... But how many 1911's does this boy need?

Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    Do you guys think it will be over kill to install a Wilson combat kit into the thunderbolt?
    Were you thinking of replacing all the internals?
    I wonder what the cost will be to do that?

389$ USD for the kit.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  46.9 KB