Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Factory Direct SAM pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Or get rid of the goofy looking magwell for the price of a MSH and run any mag that you want

That's what I'd do. I prefer an arched MSH anyway.
    It's a little trickier then just swapping msh....
    The frames appear to be made with the S&A type magwell in mind, so the bottom rear corner is not rounded and beveled like on a standard frame. You can see it in the pics below. Frame would need some blending..
    Not a major job, but something I noticed when trying out a plain msh.

Question for the Wolverines (or anybody who might be able to answer)

If i wanted to swap out the front sight, was is/are the size dimensions for this on the Thunderbolt? (Seems the upcoming models will have a fiber optic front sight)

Quote Originally Posted by Benivolent View Post
    Question for the Wolverines (or anybody who might be able to answer)

If i wanted to swap out the front sight, was is/are the size dimensions for this on the Thunderbolt? (Seems the upcoming models will have a fiber optic front sight)
    We have the angles and dimensions of the sight dovetails which I have posted on CGN, please don't ask me where I will find them on Monday and post them again. All the SAM models we have imported have dovetailed front and rear sights, this cost us extra, but makes it much easier to change sights. As for fiber optic front sights, where did you hear that? I don't think I have ordered any with fiber optic sights.

BANNED
    Its a standard Novak cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We have the angles and dimensions of the sight dovetails which I have posted on CGN, please don't ask me where I will find them on Monday and post them again. All the SAM models we have imported have dovetailed front and rear sights, this cost us extra, but makes it much easier to change sights. As for fiber optic front sights, where did you hear that? I don't think I have ordered any with fiber optic sights.
    Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry if that question caused any trouble. I just happened to be looking at the SAM catalogue and noticed they have the Thunderbolt with a fiber optic front site. looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Its a standard Novak cut.
    So sorry for a noob question. heh. So a standard Novak dovetail cut will always be the same dimensions... then at that point what i have to worry about - and maybe should have been more specific as well - is the height of the sight? (eg .175 or .180)
    Last edited by Benivolent; 02-07-2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: for spelling

BANNED
    Sorry - I thought you were referring to the size of the cut, not the height of the front sight.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Benivolent View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry if that question caused any trouble. I just happened to be looking at the SAM catalogue and noticed they have the Thunderbolt with a fiber optic front site. looks nice.

So sorry for a noob question. heh. So a standard Novak dovetail cut will always be the same dimensions... then at that point what i have to worry about - and maybe should have been more specific as well - is the height of the sight? (eg .175 or .180)
    No problem. The SAM models that Wolverine Supplies import are made to our requirements, for example we order all models to have dovetailed front and rear sights, there for our models are not always the same as you find on US web sites. We do not have the `unsightly` Shooters Arms engraved on the slide, we ordered a small discreet Wolverine logo. Personally I think this provides a much more attractive model than sold in the US. Our SAM handguns come direct from the factory not through the US, that is why are SAM handguns usually retail cheaper that the equivalent model in the US.

If you are thinking of changing the sights, test fire first with your preferred load first, to confirm that the front sight height is correct. This gives you the opportunity to change the front sight height if required.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    No problem.
    If you are thinking of changing the sights, test fire first with your preferred load first, to confirm that the front sight height is correct. This gives you the opportunity to change the front sight height if required.
    Thanks for the advice. Searching yielded some threads that confirmed the course of actions you mention might be a good way to go.

Cheers.

Thank you