Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Factory Direct SAM pricing

BANNED
    John, several posters are referring to units that don't shoot to point of aim. Aside from user error, can you explain why that might be and how to correct it?

FF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    John, several posters are referring to units that don't shoot to point of aim. Aside from user error, can you explain why that might be and how to correct it?

FF
    That's why I'm not buying another pistol with fixed sights. My omega printed half a foot high at 10 yards. I had the front sight replaced with a blank that was progressively cut down to the right height

Most 1911's need a 6 o'clock hold to shoot accurately. Glocks and other pistols are designed to shoot POA from factory.

BANNED
    6'oclock and POA shouldn't be that different at 7-15 yards. With adjustable sights, you should have some elevation adjustment to switch to your preferred sight picture.

FF

CGN Regular
    so what are the sigma and omega models ??? i know the others are basically shorter versions of the standard military. Would love a explanation of the different models but the sam site an't got much .

BANNED
    The Omega is a full size .40 cal.
    The Sigma is an officer size .45 - with our laws, it has the "snout" barrel extending beyond the bushing and slide.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Hawk View Post
    so what are the sigma and omega models ??? i know the others are basically shorter versions of the standard military. Would love a explanation of the different models but the sam site an't got much .

FF
    As you say "aside from shooter error" if you think you gun is out, test from a solid rest and get a buddy to confirm before making any adjustment. Obviously windage correction is no problem as both front and rear sights can be drifted to make corrections. Typically on 1911 handguns front sights tend to be high so they can be filed down, if the gun is shooting low. We ordered all our SAM models with dovetailed front and rear sights to assist with changing sights easily. Remember to move the rear sight the way you want the bullet to go, lower the rear sight and you lower the impact. The opposite is true with the front sight, lower the front and the impact will rise. We have received very few reports of SAM's having major sighting issues. In my limited experience with handguns changing the bullet weight has little effect on correcting the gun to shoot point of aim. There really is no other way of correcting a 1911 that will not shoot to point of aim other than adjusting or changing the sights.

I hope these points will be of some assistance.

Just checking in on price/timing of a 9mm Thunderbolt. Stainless perfered, but I could live with a blued one.
    The best gun control is to breath deeply in, then let half the breath out, and squeeze, not jerk, the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by jgmac98 View Post
    Just checking in on price/timing of a 9mm Thunderbolt. Stainless perfered, but I could live with a blued one.
    Interested too.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Our next order of SAM handguns should be leaving the Philippians this week. This means if all goes to plan we should have them available in approx. two weeks. The following prices are subject to confirmation but I know several of you are anxious to know. We can not accept back orders on our web page but should any of you wish to place an order please e-mail me.

SAM191145 Military model, blue, .45 ACP, standard grade but will have dovetailed front sight. $445.00
    SAM19119 Military model, blue, 9 mm, standard grade but will have dovetailed front sight. $520.00

New Thunderbolts in 9 mm. This is the first time we have ordered these models.

SAMTBLT9 Blue, 9 mm, features white dot Adj. sights, 1913 rail, beavertail, flared ejection port, checkered front strap, stainless guide rod, ambi. safety. $756.00
    SAMTBLT9 Stainless, 9 mm, features white dot Adj. sights, 1913 rail, beavertail, flared ejection port, checkered front strap, stainless guide rod, ambi. safety. $834.00

Al guns are brand new with a full 12 months warranty. Prices are plus shipping and tax.