Kelly Kettle?

Major Sights

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
If you were to start stock these camp items I would be in for 1 at least and maybe a few more for gifts. Sure I could order from the states or Lee Valley, but I'd rather my money go to OSTS if it can.

Kelly-Kettle-300x292.jpg

Guy I off roaded with, always brought that. LOL at us. Then again we had inverters and electric kettles. Needed it for coffee when I always broke a part off my truck.

wish they were available in stainless and not aluminum

This place has them in Stainless, but its from the UK, so I'd rather pay a bit extra and get it from OSTS (that way I can drive down there and get some more things I don't need but want ;) )

ht tp://www.kellykettle.com/kelly-kettles/steel-trekker-kettle-0-57-ltr-1-pint.html

wish they were available in stainless and not aluminum

I've had mine for 20 years and it is still fine, the aluminium is fairly thick so it is reasonably resistant to dents. It started off its life as a way to boil up a brew, but now with the neck brackets I cook a decent meal on it too. Awesome piece of kit, boils water in under 4 minutes from twigs and bark.

Candocad.

It's technology I understand,simple,effective and nothing to go wrong....no gas,electricity,oil,just a handful of twigs and you've got a hot drink

I've had mine for 20 years and it is still fine, the aluminium is fairly thick so it is reasonably resistant to dents. It started off its life as a way to boil up a brew, but now with the neck brackets I cook a decent meal on it too. Awesome piece of kit, boils water in under 4 minutes from twigs and bark.

Candocad.

i think the worry is not about solidity but the fact that alumilium ends up in your water.
some people are worried about zeimers and other heath problem linked with alu. Health Canada has a warning on their website too, saying everything except cast iron shouldn't be used long term to cook food.

Back
Top Bottom