Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese sks rifles

My first Garand was 200.00..A really nice H&R,that was 18 years ago.Fast forward today....buy a built one for 1500.00 and it is not even an USA receiver
    The Maple Leaf Forever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    You're right. It's nothing new. These have always sold at a premium to arsenal refurbs. This is just a larger premium than we've seen in the past. I stand by my statement. You don't like the price ... don't buy one ...
    Sorry Yuuuup, but the Chinese were almost always cheaper, not sure why and they were always new, the Chinese still have millions in warehouses.I was always going to buy one to see what the differences were, oh well maybe next time we get infused with a hoard of them!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    At one time the market was flooded with Chinese sks's, Russians were a little more tricky to source, now its the opposite. I can only imagine the amount of people who have Chinese SKS's like myself and are just sitting back enjoying reading all these comments.
    I agree, in 1994 this same sks went for 149.00 and the russian was 229.00 In comparison to everything else, looks like a good deal. A model 1 mark 3 sold for 99.00, Now you pay that for the mag.
    Last edited by tj black; 12-11-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Charge what the market will bear. Lot of people here sound like they also have profiles at rabble.

Meanwhile for our neighbours to the south:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Chinese SKS rifles in worse conditions than the ones Marstar are selling are going for roughly the same price, if not slightly more, and that's considered cheap for an SKS down there.
    (I'm not promoting the page, just showing an example).

Though I do feel 300 is a just a tad bit steep to be honest, even for rifles like these.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by burnyburnout View Post
    Meanwhile for our neighbours to the south:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Chinese SKS rifles in worse conditions than the ones Marstar are selling are going for roughly the same price, if not slightly more, and that's considered cheap for an SKS down there.
    (I'm not promoting the page, just showing an example).

Though I do feel 300 is a just a tad bit steep to be honest, even for rifles like these.
    not really a fair comparison due to the import ban in the USA... IMHO anyway
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

That is true, but still. They'd be dying for even the priciest 600 dollar SVT-40's up here lol (The average price for one of those down there is about 1,00+ dollars give or take).

I paid $147.XX for my Chinese SKS great gun but not sure if id pay $300 for one not sure if there is a $100 premium over some of the russian sks's that are around.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    People.... There was never a $75 sks.... Sure the price said 75, but there were other factors that didn't really make it so
    Brilliant marketing though! Clearly worked.
    Sure there were. I bought 5 at that price from lever arms circa 1993
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Bets they'll be sold out before this thread runs it's course?