Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese sks rifles

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    It's like a store paying 10 cents for cans of beans and proceed to sell them for 50 cents.
    Then a depression hits, and they start charging $5.00 per can for the same beans shipment of beans the store bought at 10 cents a can.
    Actually, it's nothing like that. First, no depression right now and the higher price is not ten-fold what it was before.

This is selling stock of something that is fairly close to the going market rate for the described item.

How I see it, there are a lot of different SKS grades out there, and these particular ones are considered some of the best around. They are in limited availability, so the price is based on the supply and demand. Since there was no supply to accurately determine the going price, the safe option is to start on the higher end. If it doesn't sell, you can always go lower. If you started lower, you would not likely get a chance to raise the price before you are sold out.
    I'm definitely not an Economics major, but I totally understand where Marstar is at with their pricing.
    Look for these to be gone in a week or so, if not the price may drop by the new year. Or not; it sounds like these have been sitting around a bit. Not a big deal to sit on them another few months at the current price.
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=JimboJones;10796013]Oh, you'll probably get a good idea of current market value when (or if) these make it here...
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post10781838
    Great, as you can see, marstar asks fair market value, so it is doubtful those will go for the same price as the last!! Works for me!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VZ-fan View Post
    List them at $200 = good profit and little controversy

List them at $300 = great profit and lots of controversy

Controversy = free advertising

IMO the Russian SKS is a much better gun......and at a better price, refurb or not.
    Free advertising? Yes! On this one I really don't know if it is good or BAD advertising?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post
    Actually, it's nothing like that. First, no depression right now and the higher price is not ten-fold what it was before.

This is selling stock of something that is fairly close to the going market rate for the described item.

How I see it, there are a lot of different SKS grades out there, and these particular ones are considered some of the best around. They are in limited availability, so the price is based on the supply and demand. Since there was no supply to accurately determine the going price, the safe option is to start on the higher end. If it doesn't sell, you can always go lower. If you started lower, you would not likely get a chance to raise the price before you are sold out.
    I'm definitely not an Economics major, but I totally understand where Marstar is at with their pricing.
    Look for these to be gone in a week or so, if not the price may drop by the new year. Or not; it sounds like these have been sitting around a bit. Not a big deal to sit on them another few months at the current price.
    Of ALL the SKS rifles I can find right now, these will be the best.. hands down. Those who are knowledgeable realize this. Are they rare...? No Will they rocket up in value in your lifetime...? Probably not.

Are they brand new, old stock, numbers matching, milspec specimens made in the golden age of the sks? Yes

Soviets had cooler bayonet and better wood... that is all. And you can't get any new ones from them, can you???
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post

Right, depression in correlation with product demand and availability semantics aside, and the math is off.
    But otherwise, it's clear by comparison what is being done here.
    I for one think the price listed reflects the quality of the rifle just fine.
    The way the profit margin is skewed is another story though. If it were me, I would pass the saving onto the CGN community, not fully obsorb the extended profit margin on these "found " rifles in a such a gluttonous fashion.
    They will sell, as they should because they are fine rifles, I love both of mine.
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 12-11-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeater40 View Post
    I would love on of these, but with the season, I couldn't afford until the New Year. Too bad as they WILL all be sold by then. For you who don't like the price, that is your opinion, new unfired Chinese are excellent deal at this price, in this market. Free shipping would be nice though. Martstar brings the unusual and not often seen fire arms to the market.

No I don't work there.

OK, I am ready.........fire away
    CALL one of our people and put down a deposit and we will hold until you require it John

Expired Business
    I have a problem and require some expert advise.... Seeing how people react to selling something for more than was paid for it....

I have an almost mint Winchester 92 saddle ring carbine that I was thinking of selling.... Here is the problem my uncle paid $16.50 at the turn of the last century, I would feel guilty asking more.... What do you think ??
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I have a problem and require some expert advise.... Seeing how people react to selling something for more than was paid for it....

I have an almost mint Winchester 92 saddle ring carbine that I was thinking of selling.... Here is the problem my uncle paid $16.50 at the turn of the last century, I would feel guilty asking more.... What do you think ??
    John
    False comparison...

Your uncle was selling it for 200$ bucks yesterday (which is what its reasonably worth). Today sees you want it as never before and asks you 300$ (which is not what its worth).

Has nothing to do with the initial price you acquired them.

Its called gouging, overcharge or swindle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    False comparison...

Your uncle was selling it for 200$ bucks yesterday (which is what its reasonably worth). Today sees you want it as never before and asks you 300$ (which is not what its worth).

Has nothing to do with the initial price you acquired them.

Its called gouging, overcharge or swindle.
    No expert, but I would have to agree. The market is flooded with Chinese SKSes and I don't see too many Winchester 92s on the market in working condition or otherwise.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Regular
    No one is forcing you to pay. Do you people get pissy when you're shopping for a $30,000 car and see one for $60,000? "IT'S STILL A CAR THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME PRICE!!!!" Idiots.