Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranty work on a SIG P226 X6

CGN Regular

Warranty work on a SIG P226 X6

How do I obtain warranty work on my P226 X6. I have sent SIG Germany letters asking questions, without response. For some reason My SIG has had an ejection problem from day 1. I have replaced the ejector, extractor and main recoil spring without making a difference, I have asked questions on the SIG Forum and am advised that there is indeed a design flaw that causes this. I would like to get the problem resolved as I love the gun and it is a tack driver, but getting hot brass in the face is not pleasing. Any suggestions appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Depending how your gun got into the Country. If it was imported by MD Charlton, they will look after you.
    If it was imported via grey market, you might be on your own.
    Contact the dealer that sold it to you

I just sent one of my Sig's back for warranty this week and was informed that I wouldn't see it again for up to 6 months. Apparently it is quite the process, but I like the gun, so whats a bloke to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufous03 View Post
    How do I obtain warranty work on my P226 X6. I have sent SIG Germany letters asking questions, without response. For some reason My SIG has had an ejection problem from day 1. I have replaced the ejector, extractor and main recoil spring without making a difference, I have asked questions on the SIG Forum and am advised that there is indeed a design flaw that causes this. I would like to get the problem resolved as I love the gun and it is a tack driver, but getting hot brass in the face is not pleasing. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your X5. Please send your pistol to:

MD Charlton Co
    4100B Sladeview Cres, Unit 4
    Mississauga, ON
    L5L 5Z3
    ATTN: Repairs

Please include all of your details so we are able to contact you.

You happen to be in luck; we have several Sig factory trained armourers, plus a Sig Custom Shop certified armourer. We endeavor to repair and return as quickly as possible; parts delivery may delay the process.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ85Combat View Post
    Depending how your gun got into the Country. If it was imported by MD Charlton, they will look after you.
    If it was imported via grey market, you might be on your own.
    Contact the dealer that sold it to you
    This is partially correct; if you purchased from a reputable dealer (not online only) you are covered. There have been a total of four Sig distributors in Canada, and firearm, sold through these distributors are covered. If you puirchased from an online grey-marketing bandit, you are on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by stralia View Post
    I just sent one of my Sig's back for warranty this week and was informed that I wouldn't see it again for up to 6 months. Apparently it is quite the process, but I like the gun, so whats a bloke to do...

Sent to us? What do you have/what is the issue?

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Not to be combative ... But i own 3 + SIG products.
    If Sig limited lifetime warrants the original owner of the firearm.

Why would Sig care where you got it , if they all come from the same factory .
    Their website doesn't say. Unless we don't like the distributor you got it from.
    PS all of mine are from MDC . its not a loaded question.

If I purchase a handgun in Canada and move to the states.
    They aren't going to tell me to move back to Ontario for warranty .

If I live in and buy it in Ohio.
    On the warranty card it doesn't say
    "oh by the way don't leave the country"
    If your frame cracks move back to claim it.
    Last edited by patjohnw; 12-13-2014 at 11:54 AM.

MD Charlton is an excellent company with a great customer service.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxkeg View Post
    agreed, unlike the other "i dont care, piss off" company starts with the letter N
    Get some!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maxkeg View Post
    agreed, but even they are at the mercy of Sig, one of their employees has been trying to get me replacement bits for the classic 22 kit for months
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    Why would Sig care where you got it , if they all come from the same factory .
    Their website doesn't say.
    1) to protect the distributor from getting under cut then having to eat the warranty
    2) when you buy the gun grey market, it most likely was bought by a store for export then sold, so you would no longer be the original owner

I see both side of the coins and i don t blame here MD Charlton or any other distributor brand
    Who is getting hurt here is the brand itself
    Me as a customer i will buy a product as cheap as possible
    The distributor get paid for any warranty work , but many distributors want the commission on the sales and the warranty work payment
    And they use the warranty to put the pressures on the customer
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    1) to protect the distributor from getting under cut then having to eat the warranty
    2) when you buy the gun grey market, it most likely was bought by a store for export then sold, so you would no longer be the original owner
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast