Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Well real classy, I bought a SIG from IRG, which I'm sure came from a AM SIG distributor, so what's the difference, if you stand behind the product,then stand behind it, OK charge more to keep your 6 armorers paid, fine no problem, but to "turn you back" on a product you so boldly market? well I'm sorry, that's a disappointment, I guess I'm on my own., much like MD Charlton is now.
    While I can understand the frustration of some, it only makes sense for the distributer.

If you want Canadian Warranty, buy from and support the Canadian distributor.

If you want to save the dollars buying in the US and importing, then the money you save can be spent sending it back to the US for warranty work. It is a gamble one makes when trying to save a buck.

Most car companies don't warranty (or limit the warranty) on their vehicles bought in the US and brought to Canada to get around distributor pricing too.

http://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyin...ghtintheUS.asp

So this is nothing unique.
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by critter928 View Post
    If you click on the MD Charlton link, it lists all their approved dealers.

http://mdcfirearms.ca/dealer-search
    Thanks, missed that. Really, it's a respectable group. For Canada.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    I bought my MK25 from Questar. If something ever broke on it or needed warranty work, I would not be able to take it to you, is that my understanding?
    What if I paid to have it serviced via you?
    I wish I knew they were not authorized in the first place. I like having warranty.

Is Ammo Source in Ontario a Approved Dealer? I bought a 14.5 Sig M400

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    Is Ammo Source in Ontario a Approved Dealer? I bought a 14.5 Sig M400
    Yes we are. We're listed under SFRC.

Ryan

Little confused

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Hello CGN,

We wish to provide warranty information to the buying public for Sig in Canada. As the Sole Source of Import for Sig, we are the only approved importer for Sig product. We are also the warranty/service center for Sig in Canada. With a total of six (6) Sig Certified Factory Armourers on staff, one of which is fully Certified Sig Custom Shop, we are able to perform most all services and repairs in Canada. This means the end user does not have to wait for their firearm(s) to be sent to the US; and the potential lengthy wait for its return.

There are grey-market dealers claiming to buy direct from the factory (which is not true). These dealers are also miss-leading their customers in that the product is supplied with a full warranty – this is also false.

We believe that many buyers have made a purchase decision based on false advertising; which they should not be punished for. Due to this, we are offering a warranty amnesty on all Sig product purchased from any retailer up to December 14th, 2014. After this date, if you purchase from any dealer that is not approved to sell Sig, you are on your own for warranty. You do not have to register before the 14th, you simply have to have purchased prior to this date.

We are the fourth (and remaining) Distributor for Sig in Canada: R Nicholls/FN Sports, European Arms, Vault Distribution, and MD Charlton. We are the only remaining Sig distributor. Warranty coverage (where applicable) will be extended to any Sig product imported by any of the approved Distributors.

For those that have purchased Sig product from an approved dealer, please feel free to register as well. The Sig USA site will not allow Canadians to register, so please use our site.

Link to warranty registration page: http://mdcfirearms.ca/sig-sauer-warranty-reg

Please keep any comments/questions relevant and constructive.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
    MDC
    I understood that there are no sig certified armourers in victoria to work on my sig pistol. Is this correct? Thanks for the input.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Ya, point taken, I'm not too worried, IRG will take care of any issues. All I know is that IRG price was lower than the SIG IOP? I'm sure that I wont' have any issues with the SIG and if I do I'll just sell it and keep shooting my Glocks. I guess I could have ordered one and waited maybe 6 months?? and paid $1400 for the Cdn warranty? Oh well, maybe next time.

I guess that I won't sleep too good tonight, knowing that I may have put 6 armorers jobs in "harms way"
    I understand your frustration, but say you bought a toaster at Walmart in the big city to save a few bucks over buying local.

Would you expect your local mom and pop shop to deal with your toaster for warranty work just because they were local and sold the same brand of toaster?

While I wish the price gap were not what it was either (which it is on nearly every product sold here in our smaller market 1/10-1/1000 that of the US's spread over a larger country, and not unique to firearms in general, or Sig in particular), however they have taken on the cost of having inventory, armourers, and marketing of the Sig product line here in Canada in what is a comparatively very small market, a cost which is built into their distributor price, from which they don't get anything for a gun sold in the US and brought into Canada. I don't see how it is unreasonable to warranty only the guns sold through them, and let Sig US's dealers/distributers deal with guns sold on their side of the border for which they made the profit on to offer such services.

That they are giving an amnesty for purchases until this day (which I am assuming applies to your Sig, so I am failing to see why you are still so angry about this) is an excellent gesture they don't need to do, but good on them for doing it anyway.

If we all shopped in the US just because they were cheaper, we would have no retailers/distributors here (and don't kid ourselves, even if they wanted to, no store/distributor here is going to compete with the US pricing where one city/state or even chain of stores sells more than the entire Canadian market does, and can thus offer the prices they do).
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

CGN Regular
    Interesting, Reliable Gun is not on the list or were they just missed??? That's where I bought my Sig P226 a couple months ago, nice to know I'm covered by the amnesty regardless!

The amnesty is nice. I originally misread it. Any Sig purchased prior to today will be services. That's fair enough, thank you.

Okay, so just looking for a final word of clarification. I bought my Sig Dec 6th. I bought it from Canada, from an "unauthorized distributor", however I am still covered under warranty, provided I have proof of my purchase date being before December 14th? Please advise.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast