Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    I'm for this. I believe if you buy from the U.S. and not support the Canadian market then your warranty work should go back to the U.S. . Being a owner of a motorcycle repair shop , I have done the exact same thing. If you choose not to purchase the part from me then I will not honour any warranty with something purchased in the US . I do agree that prices here are a bit high but unfortunately this is Canada and prices will always be higher. Lastly I've purchased US and if something needs to be repaired I'll send it back to the U.S. . My two cents
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

How long is the normal warranty ?? One Year ??
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    SIGS website says lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Does one have to compete the warranty registration to enjoy that fact?
    (sentence sounds snotty but I can't think of a better way to phrase it)

Or is this a mechanism for product recalls and updates and such?

Lastly upon completion of this form you folks are forwarding this info to Sig, or is it for your records?
    Filling out the form definitely helps.

Both: we are sending the info to Sig, as well as using it in house.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadron303 View Post
    Questar is gray? Great.

How are we to know who is an approved Sig dealer?
    Our IT people are busy updating the dealer list, which should be completed in the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Well real classy, I bought a SIG from IRG, which I'm sure came from a AM SIG distributor, so what's the difference, if you stand behind the product,then stand behind it, OK charge more to keep your 6 armorers paid, fine no problem, but to "turn you back" on a product you so boldly market? well I'm sorry, that's a disappointment, I guess I'm on my own., much like MD Charlton is now.
    We do stand behind the product that has been approved for sale in Canada; we are warranting any Sig that was sold by an approved dealer/distributor. This includes every Sig sold by: FN Sports, European Arms, Vault Distributors, and us.

The dealer you purchased from is not approved to be selling Sig in Canada, simple as that. We are not 'turning our back' on those adults that make a conscious decision to support a business that does not partake in the Canadian distribution network - something they clearly advertise.

I believe your concern may be unnecessary, especially if you purchased your MK25 before the 14th of December. Fill out the form, and you will have warranty coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by critter928 View Post
    While I can understand the frustration of some, it only makes sense for the distributer.

If you want Canadian Warranty, buy from and support the Canadian distributor.

If you want to save the dollars buying in the US and importing, then the money you save can be spent sending it back to the US for warranty work. It is a gamble one makes when trying to save a buck.

Most car companies don't warranty (or limit the warranty) on their vehicles bought in the US and brought to Canada to get around distributor pricing too.

http://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyin...ghtintheUS.asp

So this is nothing unique.
    Thank you for positively adding to the conservation.

Quote Originally Posted by reachoutandtouchsomeone View Post
    I understood that there are no sig certified armourers in victoria to work on my sig pistol. Is this correct? Thanks for the input.
    It is; our warranty center is located in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by critter928 View Post
    I understand your frustration, but say you bought a toaster at Walmart in the big city to save a few bucks over buying local.

Would you expect your local mom and pop shop to deal with your toaster for warranty work just because they were local and sold the same brand of toaster?

While I wish the price gap were not what it was either (which it is on nearly every product sold here in our smaller market 1/10-1/1000 that of the US's spread over a larger country, and not unique to firearms in general, or Sig in particular), however they have taken on the cost of having inventory, armourers, and marketing of the Sig product line here in Canada in what is a comparatively very small market, a cost which is built into their distributor price, from which they don't get anything for a gun sold in the US and brought into Canada. I don't see how it is unreasonable to warranty only the guns sold through them, and let Sig US's dealers/distributers deal with guns sold on their side of the border for which they made the profit on to offer such services.

That they are giving an amnesty for purchases until this day (which I am assuming applies to your Sig, so I am failing to see why you are still so angry about this) is an excellent gesture they don't need to do, but good on them for doing it anyway.

If we all shopped in the US just because they were cheaper, we would have no retailers/distributors here (and don't kid ourselves, even if they wanted to, no store/distributor here is going to compete with the US pricing where one city/state or even chain of stores sells more than the entire Canadian market does, and can thus offer the prices they do).
    Thank you for highlighting this point. We spend a great deal of time a trade shows, shoots, and industry events across the country; there are many individuals that are/were unaware they purchased grey-market product. This sport is a hobby/passion for most of us, which we (mostly) all work hard to enjoy. Because of this, we do not feel it fair to punish those that were miss-led by false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Interesting, Reliable Gun is not on the list or were they just missed??? That's where I bought my Sig P226 a couple months ago, nice to know I'm covered by the amnesty regardless!
    Reliable is one of our dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    Okay, so just looking for a final word of clarification. I bought my Sig Dec 6th. I bought it from Canada, from an "unauthorized distributor", however I am still covered under warranty, provided I have proof of my purchase date being before December 14th? Please advise.
    Please fill out the form; this will ensure you have warranty coverage.

To all others, if you are unsure of where you purchased your Sig product, please register with us; you will be covered.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    How long is the normal warranty ?? One Year ??
    THX
    Warranty is limited lifetime, to the original buyer.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    So how does is work now after the 14th for inventory purchased through European Arms? Clients just fill out the same online form?
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

BANNED
    The "buy domestic" argument is meaningless.

When I bought my Macbook Pro in the US (where I was in school), the warranty was honored at the Apple Store in Canada.
    When I bought my CZ455 American in Canada, the warranty was honored by CZ USA in the US.
    When I bought my Toyota in Canada, the warranty was honored at a Toyota dealer in the US.

In two of the cases, the distributor billed the original manufacturer directly according to their terms. I might be mistaken, but I doubt MD Charlton just takes on the liability of every Sig in Canada without the ability to charge the manufacturer for factory defects.

How long does a customer wait for a repair if there are only six authorized repairmen in the entire country, including one who does custom work?

It is kind of scary that Taurus has a better warranty.

FF
    Last edited by FyreFighter; 12-15-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    So how does is work now after the 14th for inventory purchased through European Arms? Clients just fill out the same online form?
    We sub-distribute to European, so all of their product is covered beyond the 14th.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.

CGN Regular
    I think the whole idea of national warranties is stupid and insulting but other companies (e.g. Nikon) do the same thing, presumably to protect & support the distributors in each country. On the other hand some companies (e.g. Canon) provide a world-wide warranty.

My own experience with buying grey market SIG was that the grey market dealers had erratic but generally better selection of products, particularly high end models such as Elite, but they were pretty bad when it came to getting repairs; a broken slide stop was NOT covered despite it being a known issue, and even when I agree to pay for the part it took almost a year to get it.

So no more grey market for me, and it is great that MDC is providing warranty coverage on grey market SIG products purchased prior to the cut-off date, and giving fair warning to anybody buying grey market after the cutoff date.

Two suggestions that would help me support the local distriubutor and dealers:
    • Ensure dealers stock or can get a good selection of products (particularly higher end models such as Elite) and accessories (magazines, etc.) and parts (grips, screws, springs, etc.) without undue delay;
    • Stabilize and document the distributor and dealers, and communicate with customers and prospects as MDC is doing here and as Nichols and others never did.

Snapshot

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    tag
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Thank you for the amnesty. I will be filling out the form for my Sig SSG3000.