Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

Hello CGN,

We wish to provide warranty information to the buying public for Sig in Canada. As the Sole Source of Import for Sig, we are the only approved importer for Sig product. We are also the warranty/service center for Sig in Canada. With a total of six (6) Sig Certified Factory Armourers on staff, one of which is fully Certified Sig Custom Shop, we are able to perform most all services and repairs in Canada. This means the end user does not have to wait for their firearm(s) to be sent to the US; and the potential lengthy wait for its return.

There are grey-market dealers claiming to buy direct from the factory (which is not true). These dealers are also miss-leading their customers in that the product is supplied with a full warranty – this is also false.

We believe that many buyers have made a purchase decision based on false advertising; which they should not be punished for. Due to this, we are offering a warranty amnesty on all Sig product purchased from any retailer up to December 14th, 2014. After this date, if you purchase from any dealer that is not approved to sell Sig, you are on your own for warranty. You do not have to register before the 14th, you simply have to have purchased prior to this date.

We are the fourth (and remaining) Distributor for Sig in Canada: R Nicholls/FN Sports, European Arms, Vault Distribution, and MD Charlton. We are the only remaining Sig distributor. Warranty coverage (where applicable) will be extended to any Sig product imported by any of the approved Distributors.

We have received many requests for clarification on the following dealers: Questar and Cabela's. Both companies are approved dealers, and are covered by Sig warranty.

For those that have purchased Sig product from an approved dealer, please feel free to register as well. The Sig USA site will not allow Canadians to register, so please use our site.

Link to warranty registration page: http://mdcfirearms.ca/sig-sauer-warranty-reg or if the link is down please email us at dealers@mdcharlton.ca for any questions you may have.

Please keep any comments/questions relevant and constructive.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
    MDC
    Last edited by MD Charlton; 09-10-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    While I knew that Questar was a grey market importer mostly of custom shop items, am I to understand that Vault Distribution is not a Sig Distributor?
    I came away from SHOT last year with the understanding we might have an additional distributor on the East Coast coming on line as well.
    Vault is no longer a distributor (although they still have some remaining inventory - which is covered).

The East Coast set up was very convoluted and never materialized.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

SIGS website says lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Does one have to compete the warranty registration to enjoy that fact?
    (sentence sounds snotty but I can't think of a better way to phrase it)

Or is this a mechanism for product recalls and updates and such?

Lastly upon completion of this form you folks are forwarding this info to Sig, or is it for your records?

Interesting

Double tap
    Last edited by Squadron303; 12-15-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Questar is gray? Great.

How are we to know who is an approved Sig dealer?

Publish an official approved dealer summary, please.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Well real classy, I bought a SIG from IRG, which I'm sure came from a AM SIG distributor, so what's the difference, if you stand behind the product,then stand behind it, OK charge more to keep your 6 armorers paid, fine no problem, but to "turn you back" on a product you so boldly market? well I'm sorry, that's a disappointment, I guess I'm on my own., much like MD Charlton is now.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    Publish an official approved dealer summary, please.
    If you click on the MD Charlton link, it lists all their approved dealers.

http://mdcfirearms.ca/dealer-search
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED
    So no resellers or distribution in Quebec?

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast