Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey Wolvie, how about you get some of these in?

Quote Originally Posted by kbvr6 View Post
    Funniest thing I've read all year!!
    You clearly don't own a SAM Thunderbolt in stainless like I've got.

Before you ridicule and laugh, pick one up and shoot one, it'll change your world.

I picked up kimbers and S&W 1911's with more play and looser tolerances than the thunderbolt. Believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    I'm basically convinced SAM has essentially replicated SVI quality for like a billionth the cost.

These would sell out like hotcakes the moment people realize the potential of these. It's insane.

The lockup, fit and finish on these guys is so tight, you can only help but compare it to a high end US 1911 maker. Really high end.
    I was laughing at this part....what do you consider "really high end"? Kimber/S&W?

I was laughing at this part....what do you consider "really high end"? Kimber/S&W?
    I've never handled or seen a Les Baer, nighthawk or wilson combat. But from all the other brands of 1911 I've handled and shot, nothing holds a candle to the thunderbolt.

It's just that well put together and tuned from factory. Don't believe me? Handle one.

I've never handled or seen a Les Baer, nighthawk or wilson combat. But from all the other brands of 1911 I've handled and shot, nothing holds a candle to the thunderbolt.

It's just that well put together and tuned from factory. Don't believe me? Handle one.
    You said really high end....you cant compare the SAM to "A really high end US brand" if you have never handled one. I have "handled" both....ur wrong

You said really high end....you cant compare the SAM to "A really high end US brand" if you have never handled one. I have "handled" both....ur wrong
    I'm just calling a spade a spade.

My SAM punches above it's weight in terms of performance for the price. I haven't handled a 1911 as tightly fitted as my thunderbolt, thus far. Sure I don't have a bunch of rich friends to go out shooting with that own custom 1911's, but regardless, filipino 1911 manufacturing is starting to eclipse american made guns.

You're getting a #### ton more than what you pay for when get a SAM.

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

My SAM punches above it's weight in terms of performance for the price. I haven't handled a 1911 as tightly fitted as my thunderbolt, thus far. Sure I don't have a bunch of rich friends to go out shooting with that own custom 1911's, but regardless, filipino 1911 manufacturing is starting to eclipse american made guns.

You're getting a #### ton more than what you pay for when get a SAM.
    Agreed....I'm not knocking the SAM, I love mine great pistol for the price. But thats not what was said by you, choose your words a little more carefully next time. YOU said it was comparable to a "really high end US maker".....it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkachu View Post
    Nope, the silverballers were based on single stack AMT hardballers, notable for being the first all stainless steel 1911.
    Those can be had for not too much money.
    very true, and i will have a matching stainless set of sams one day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123