Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco

id love to see the norinco 5.56x45 ammo continue on and on and on but from what iv heard whats coming in right now is the last of it alot of people hate on it but i have had no issue with the ammo its dirty but thats about it a few issues iv had were mag related i love the stuff its gonna be a shame to see it go

CGN Regular
    I guess the questions we should be asking are:

- What types of rifles and handguns are the Chinese willing to produce exclusively for the Canadian market?
    - What's the minimum production run needed for a certain model AND is this number feasible for a single retailer to handle by themself?
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Lucky me. I have two norinco 7.62x39 bolt action rifles.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haim View Post
    I will tell you what I like to see from Norinco. A copy of HK p7m8 and p7m13.I am not sure if copyright has been expired or not, but I hope my wishes comes true on day.

Maybe Canada ammo could do some arm twisting. Please Canada ammo I beg you.
    No offence, but they would be fools to consider it.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    I guess the questions we should be asking are:

- What types of rifles and handguns are the Chinese willing to produce exclusively for the Canadian market?
    - What's the minimum production run needed for a certain model AND is this number feasible for a single retailer to handle by themself?
    Likely nothing exclusive. About 10,000 for a new design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The big problem is the size of the potential market,with the US out of it,it makes a challange to tool up to put a new firearm on the table and sell enough to be profitable.I would absolutely love to have a straight stocked lever action .22,(JW 21)especially if they can duplicate the quality of the JW 20.The lesson learned is,if you see something you like,order it while it's in stock,it might not be again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pontcanna's Avatar

Norinco Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by westarm View Post
    i would love to see them spin up some revolvers, maybe 357 or 44
    They did do a .38/.357 (NP-50) but it hit some roadblocks (according to Marstar, I think) and never really got off the ground:

"Somewhat sarcastic doorknob"
    -Foxer, June 15/05

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    They make them as long as there is demand, but that dropped by 90% as of 1994, so many of the guns we see were made then.
    but the tooling would still be on their shelf somewhere, no doubt. with the right propo$al they'd likely run more production of the desired product...

speaking of which, how's about requesting Norinco make a batch of JS522 mags.
    if you could get the price down to under $30 each you'd probably sell out the lot to all the canadian JS owners in no time.

CGN Regular
    pretty sure there's enough interest for another run of jw-103...

A lot of this stuff was made in the 90s, doesn't seem like a comeback of those items are likely.
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast