$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Put my norinco m14 on a diet?

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Do you have the short or long version?
    You're in a sponsor forum btw.
    It's the long.. I didn't realize I was in the wrong spot.. I'm new here.. I bought the rifle sort of as a dual purpose rifle for hunting and just screwing around shooting targets.. I got sold on it for the proven reliability and the cheap price.. And yes it gives you respect for the men that used it for more than sport..
    Thanks for the replies
    I guess I'll just stop whining and man up

You're not in the wrong spot. No problem asking questions about the M14 here. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-17-2015 at 12:59 AM.

I wonder if its all relative.
    Everything these days is made smaller and lighter. What is light today will be heavy 2 years from now.
    Will people in 10 years be moaning about hunting with a 6lb rifle? Probably.
    Personally I am taking the opposite approach. Train and practice with lots of heavy gear. Then when you use the normal kit it will seem light.
    Think of what previous generations have managed to do with much heavier and less ergo gear.
    IMO we should man up and focus on making ourselves capable of carrying and doing more, instead of always focusing on making things easier for us.
    sorry for preachin

A good post.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-17-2015 at 12:55 AM.

I used to hunt with a 12 lb savage 10BA.
    Now I have m14 shorty, went yesterday with it. It's an awesome rig. I don't mind the weight at all.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -- George Orwell

Stop what you're doing. Take a flat-head screwdriver and remove the butt plate from the stock. You won't believe the difference! I just did this yesterday afternoon, now it's like a whole new gun. It weighs almost 6lbs less! (almost )

That cleaning kit trap-door assembly belongs on top of a tank; not at the end of my rifle. It's off to stay!

Second vote for an Axis II XP. So light, and you can keep your m14 original cool!

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    A Blackfeather stock assembly, with the right butt stock certainly feels lighter than a standard stock.
    Earth First!
    We'll log the other planets later

Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Stop what you're doing. Take a flat-head screwdriver and remove the butt plate from the stock. You won't believe the difference! I just did this yesterday afternoon, now it's like a whole new gun. It weighs almost 6lbs less! (almost )

That cleaning kit trap-door assembly belongs on top of a tank; not at the end of my rifle. It's off to stay!
    Rubber replacements can be had for the steel plate and ditch the cleaning kit. I'm pretty sure its close to a 1 lbs you lose off the gun.

Also maybe some weight lifting might be in order to help.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    It all depense if you use a scope or not. I would say the first thing to go should be the cleaning kit the big hunk of metal that that is the stripper clip guide. If you use a scope remove the front site.

Business Member

VS

M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Business Member