I'm happy and my head didn't explode

MustangFrank

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Warning : this is a positive thread. If you are disappointed, I am sorry. Don't go any further.

Not one "good news" post gets more than 5 responses so I thought I would try the opposite approach. Sadly, I am very happy with my purchase but have to tell my story. Unlike another recent post on CGN regarding a used or floor model gun that got more than 100 comments, which is very sad statement. I purchased a new Sig X-5 tactical which is the black version. It was a display model. A combination of a lot of people doing tactical mag changes in the store and the world's cheapest finish on the frame from Sig meant the magwell had a few chips to the finish.

My sales person got in touch with me as soon as he was packing my gun up for shipping to tell me there were some marks to the magwell along with pictures of damage. He offered several options for me and I took the one that suited me the best. The gun itself is a dream and the magwell is getting a nice coat of black Cerakote this evening. Now it will be much stronger than the factory finish. My only disappointment is the cheap finish Sig put on such a custom gun. Black magic marker would have been better. I am sure the whole frame will get a Cerakote treatment soon, but I at least have to shoot it first.

So, no disaster thread here, just a very happy customer regarding how I was treated at P&D. Sorry to have mislead the haters.

Last edited:
I've had quite a few Sig's and I would say that all their finishes have been excellent. As with any finish, once it's scratched, it looks like sh!t after.

I've had quite a few Sig's and I would say that all their finishes have been excellent. As with any finish, once it's scratched, it looks like sh!t after.

I agree, but this seems to be less than typical. Usually, it takes a few seconds to blast through a Sig finish but this finish flew off in less than a second when held in one spot. That's as close to scientific as I can get.

the important take away...

The salesperson noticed the damage and contacted the buyer with photos and options.
That's customer service that should be standard.
Passing off blem guns to internet buyers is wrong but I believe it's pretty common.

the important take away...

The salesperson noticed the damage and contacted the buyer with photos and options.
That's customer service that should be standard.
Passing off blem guns to internet buyers is wrong but I believe it's pretty common.

This is I think the most important thing we do in shipping (besides getting the address right). We tell our shipper to examine anything they ship even if it's in a sealed box as we have found defects from the factory. We do the same thing on a hand to hand sale in the store and also get the customer to examine the item before they take it home. Phil.

Well, my little experiment seems to have run it's course. No one on this wonderful web sight really cares about positive stories where someone can't be bashed or ripped to shreds. The story was absolutely true in every respect. I will post a range report, and the Cerakote turned out great. 1800 views in 2 days from curious disaster watchers thinking this was the lamest post ever. LOL.

Thank you to P&D Ent and to the couple positive posters.

Well, my little experiment seems to have run it's course. No one on this wonderful web sight really cares about positive stories where someone can't be bashed or ripped to shreds. The story was absolutely true in every respect. I will post a range report, and the Cerakote turned out great. 1800 views in 2 days from curious disaster watchers thinking this was the lamest post ever. LOL.

Buy something from marstar and then post in their forum if you want a train wreck ;P

Sorry, I just got here! I love such "gushing blushing bride" stories! Of course it was awesome to see P&D doing the right thing and warning you about any flaws in 'er before just handing her over at the altar. Other wise the honeymoon might have been a train wreck, so to speak.

Congraulations! Be careful though, those Sig brides eat a lot if you let'em!

If you have a good experience, you will tell a couple of your friends, if you have a bad experience you will tell everybody with an ear.
Some people just feel the need to be heard, and we have the internet......

I appreciate the effort you made to show how a negative post will have more traffic than a positive one but that is human nature why we all can't look away from an accident. If you look back at our previous threads the ones with the negative tones have the most views...such is life. Phil.

To the OP.... good on ya for making the effort to project a positive influence in your thread. A real breath of fresh air, and I personally enjoyed it. It is human behaviour to rubber-neck an accident, or to throw your hat into a hurricane of negative attention into a bash/complain thread, but it is a choice that we make to sink that low or to have some backbone and rise above it.

I realize people are not happy unless they see pictures so here you are. Before and after Cerakote. Next is a range report if the weather will give me a break. We're just not used to shooting in snow and fog.

Back
Top Bottom