$vboptions[bbtitle]

Thread: Basic blackfeather questions

Basic blackfeather questions

Sorry if this is extremely basic. But I am completely new to the blackfeather (just ordered) as well as tactical style stocks. I had a question regarding the rear of the stock. The buttstock I want to put on is a Magpul MOE. I don't know if both mil-spec and commercial-spec tubes fit. Also - where do I get one of these tubes (I really am new to this AR style stuff). The other question I had is where do I find the pistol grips that fit for this stock? I seem to be only able to find beaver-tail grips.

Thanks for helping with this basic info!

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    You will need to find a tube eather mil spec, commercial or carbine lenght (a2, magpul prs....) probably questar, wolverine, one shot tactical and many more site sponcer have them eather will fit.

As for grip, a2 work, I think one shot has a magpul that fit. You could alway cut of the bever tail

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    I don't know if both mil-spec and commercial-spec tubes fit.
    Booth tubes will fit the blackfeather. The buttstock does need to match the tube though. Magpul stocks come in both milspec and commercial, as do the tubes. Just make sure the tube and stock type match. I would suggest milspec though.

Rally guy probably suggested the best places to look for stocks and grips.

Check S&J for tubes.

Can I ask why MOE rather than the CTR? You may find that the MOE wiggles on the tube enough to drive you crazy...it certainly did me. For the marginal cost increase, the CTR was worth it.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

great stuff thank you both!!!! I am feeling more confident in my searching now.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr589 View Post
    Check S&J for tubes.

Can I ask why MOE rather than the CTR? You may find that the MOE wiggles on the tube enough to drive you crazy...it certainly did me. For the marginal cost increase, the CTR was worth it.
    I would add to that , that the tightness or lack there of is also depending on the tube. Exemple: my mil spec moe is super fitted and tight on my Daniel defence v5 but my also mil spec moe is aggravatingly loose and wiggling on my colt le 6920. There's more to it then mil spec/commercial.

Business Member
    This image may help answer the question.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW