Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River Pricing

Some one is butthurt because they don't like the price of a Nork of all things? Move the f##k on then. Geez.
    Last edited by 604shooter; 01-13-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Just stumbled on this discussion and am compelled to ad my two cents..I have been dealing with 'Clay' long before he opened his storefront operation. I have bought numerous firearms from him and have referred many others to do likewise, I have sold many other expensive, high end, firearms through his consignment program, all to my complete satisfaction. PR is a top notch firearms business that always seems to have access to, or supply of up scale firearms that are not available at other Canadian retail stores..at any price! Clay and his staff have never been anything but consummate professionals throughout all my dealings with them. Keep up the good work guys!!
    loren

I don't know why everyone is jumping down the OP throat. He has seen numerous items at higher then normal pricing, and one finally encouraged him to post. I understand some of you brown nosers are die hard loyal to Prophet River, well good for you, but I just dont see why he should feel bad or get blasted for bringing it up on the forum.
    I somewhat agree with him, as there is somewhat of an over pricing trend on nearly all items, for example i just did one search, because i needed more american eagle .45acp ammo, they were $6 a box more. Perhaps it was a fluke but i only looked at one item, normally i buy 1000rnds at a time, so i decided to save $120 this time and buy it in Edmonton later.

Personally i don't see this exceptional customer service you are all talking about? i've spent well over $15,000 at PR, when I include ammo, I've had plenty of unreturned calls, and 2 bulk orders of ammo that never ever came, if I spent $15,000 at cabela's I'm sure they'd at least remember my face. I consider their service to be at the average Alberta standard.

But i do agree, the folks in Lloydminster are plenty willing to pay more for product, so why not charge more? If the market will bear it, then have at 'er! But they do run the risk of being branded as overpriced, and once that happens, its a tough to come back from that as a business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Clay and staff have never failed to give incredible service, after normal business hours. And pricing has never been more than the local competition for what I wanted. There is no 'comeback' needed, they are ahead of many dealers. But ymmv. they get things that I haven't even found elsewhere. I'll continue to be a big supporter.

CGN frequent flyer
    my experience, calling and speaking to clay directly, having him respond to PM's here within minutes, responding to my emails within minutes, returning my phone calls and fixing a problem that wasn't his or caused by PR. PR came highly recommended to me, they delivered and I have in turn recommended them to many friends. Good luck getting that kind of service from the other guys or anyone else. Six pages of glowing support is proof my experience is the norm for these guys.

BANNED
    Last year I had to have an M1A. So I visited all the locals here in Edmonton and because none of them had Springfields, they tried to sell me Norcs. I politely declined and said I wanted a Springfield and the response was 'Can't help you, don't know who carries them, don't care...go someplace else.' I would have expected that from the $5.00/hour morons that work at Wholesale and Cabelas...but from my favourite gun shop? Whew! I bought around $6000.00 in firearms from them over the last half a decade and easily a grand or two in accessories, ammo and reloading stuff.

So I got on the blower and eventually I ran into Prophet River and Lo And Behold...they had a few M1A's. I bought my rifle right over the phone, sight unseen and drove from Edmonton to Lloydminster to pick it up. She shot like a dream and goes out every weekend or more and doesn't miss a beat. So a year later I'm in the market for a 1911 and again I want to go with Springfield. I went to my favourite gun shop and was told to buy a Kimber or a Sig ... "Niiiiiiice shiiiiiiiney Kimber! Ooooooooooh....". "No thanks," says I, "Go someplace else!" says they. Once again, the boys at Prophet River came through and I have a Trophy Match pistol inbound any day now.

On impulse I decided I needed one of those slick little Ruger .22 semiauto Mk III's. My favourite gun shop had them on at $470.00 but Clayton at Prophet had them at $490.00 or something. What the heck, ya never know if ya don't ask...he's sold me two guns already...might as well see if he wants to sell me another one! I email and basically asked them if they could match that price and still make a buck...and the response was 'Sure!'.

In the last year, with the M1A, The Trophy Match, and now the little Ruger...I am coming up on $4500.00 bucks spent on guns. My former favourite gun shop in Edmonton might want to take note. I am not going to name names - but if you are going to treat me with the same disregard that Cabelas and Wholesale do - you can go compete with them and I will take my business to a smaller supplier that appreciates my business and the value of customer service.

Getting hold of stuff from Springfield is an iffy business right now. All my regular suppliers wouldn't even pick up a phone to see if it could be done. The Boys at Prophet made a few calls and bagged $4500.00 in sales - for just one year. I'm not mad at my former favourite gun shop and will still buy ammo and supplies if they have them on at reasonable prices...but that business is up for grabs now too. Who knows...if I have to go out to Lloyd twice a year and make a bulk buy on that stuff, maybe I will consider it.

Keep up the good work boys, I hope you make a million bucks.

A few years ago when PR was selling Ruger # 1 in 303BR, I decided to purchase one as a homecoming gift for my son who was returning from his 2nd tour in Afghanistan, so I called PR & happened to get Clay on his mobile, as he was driving home.He pulled over answered all my questions & so I ended up buying 2 of them right there with consecutive serial numbers. Later, I emailed PR & told them what my son would be doing with the rifle & to put an appropriate scope on his rifle...done with excellent service. So PR with their "human tourch" (or good salesmanship) made one proud father very happy as I will always remember the expression on my "little boy's" face when he opened that box...thank you PR....I don't mind paying whatever it costs to get that kind of service...Fergus On

Just want to thank Clay. PR helped me out of a bind regarding a scope I purchased in the US and I thought I could bring into Canada due to my own ignorance around the US Export laws. They were terrific to deal with and I even bought a set of rings to add to the shipment to Toronto. Will deal with these guys any time.

Thumbs up

Clay has twice now met up with me on the side of a highway far from Lloydminster to deliver purchases to me lol! The first time was on Hwy 16 near Sherwood Park where, on his way to hunt camp (with Argo in tow iirc), he brought me a couple of Leupold VX3's along with my now beloved LH SS Ruger Hawkeye in .375 Ruger .

The second time, Clay was on his way to the airport south of Edmonton, on his way to catch a flight back to NB (again, iirc). This time he brought me a case or two of Eley .17M2 ammo. On the side of Hwy 2. On his way to the airport. To catch a flight back home.

These are but two of my very positive experiences with Prophet River. There are several more.

Where the hell would I ever find another owner/president of any business that would value my business enough to do this ^^^?

'Nuff said.

Clayton Smiley- you rock!!

To the OP of the whining thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Hihi962 View Post
    I don't know why everyone is jumping down the OP throat. He has seen numerous items at higher then normal pricing, and one finally encouraged him to post. I understand some of you brown nosers are die hard loyal to Prophet River, well good for you, but I just dont see why he should feel bad or get blasted for bringing it up on the forum.
    I somewhat agree with him, as there is somewhat of an over pricing trend on nearly all items, for example i just did one search, because i needed more american eagle .45acp ammo, they were $6 a box more. Perhaps it was a fluke but i only looked at one item, normally i buy 1000rnds at a time, so i decided to save $120 this time and buy it in Edmonton later.

Personally i don't see this exceptional customer service you are all talking about? i've spent well over $15,000 at PR, when I include ammo, I've had plenty of unreturned calls, and 2 bulk orders of ammo that never ever came, if I spent $15,000 at cabela's I'm sure they'd at least remember my face. I consider their service to be at the average Alberta standard.

But i do agree, the folks in Lloydminster are plenty willing to pay more for product, so why not charge more? If the market will bear it, then have at 'er! But they do run the risk of being branded as overpriced, and once that happens, its a tough to come back from that as a business.
    This is the funniest thing ive read all day....you think Cabelas or anyone in there will give a rats ass because you spent 15k? They wont remember you because the staff is never the same for one thing...haha im still laughing