Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P226 MK25 and MK25 FDE Availability

Thanks for the new frame serial info I wasnt aware of that detail, pretty sure everyone noticed I like details lol.
    All this thing about mags and -10 makes perfect sense considering our laws, and was explained to me by you guys on the spot when I asked. I just tought potential buyers should know as we learned that from personal experience.
    We had irreprocheable service from MDC for a custom order of 3 MK25.
    And your right about the mags, the 10rds never had an issue so far, the two 15rds I bought aside failed to slide-lock on empty a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    ... The MK25 is shipped with three (3) 10 round mags. We had a slight mix-up with your pistol, which we were able to correct.

In the US, 15 round mags are supplied (usually produced by Mec-Gar). As we are not permitted to pin mags in Canada. As a result, we are only able to supply 10 round mags (produced by Check Mate). The interweb will tell you the Check Mate mags are inferior, which is simply incorrect. All of our commercial demo mags are Check Mate, and we have not had a single mag issue throughout all of the demo and IPSC shoots we attend.

As to your serial number concerns; when the MK25 was released, Sig was using 226 frames with the "UU" prefix. These frames have been consumed, and Sig is now using "47A" as the serial prefix.

Regards,
    MDC
    Last edited by Ix; 01-14-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    :ᚹᛁᚾᛞᚱ:ᛗᚨᚱᚲ:ᛖᛚᛞᚱ:ᚠᛖᛚ:

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    MDC here: Do not promote grey-marketing non-dealers in our paid forum.

Regards,
    MDC
    Sorry, no promotion was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ix View Post
    And your right about the mags, the 10rds never had an issue so far, the two 15rds I bought aside failed to lslide-lock on empty a couple times.
    Interesting of you to mention that. I've been having the same issue with my MK25 lately (consistently failing to slide-lock on empty), and still can't figure out what's going on. Mine, being Canadian-market unit, came with three 10-rd mags. I've been doing the research on this issue and even stumbled upon an article where this was explained by a poor grip (and despite the fact that I don't have this issue with any of my other handguns, I still worked my gripping technique to death with no improvement and then started thinking that something was wrong with the recoil spring). It'd be curious to test it with different mags, will do that next time I'm at the range.

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    Good day MD,
    I was wondering about the availability of 9x19 Sig P226 MK25 and MK25 FDE pistols here in Canada. I can't seem to find any in-stock at any retailers here that I would be able to buy from. Some retailers I've contacted have stated Sig doesn't provide a time for an ordered pistol and it could be anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. I was wondering if you could shed any light on this issue?
    I don't mind waiting a month, or even two, to get a pistol I'd keep for life but anything more than two months with my money tied up is a bit excessive. Since you're the distributor for Sig I thought maybe you would have better first-hand knowledge or be able to help me get one of these pistols?

Thanks!
    We have both models in stock and supply from MDC has been pretty constant.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks for all your help MD!

I found a local retailer, that I like, that has one in stock (according to the interwebz). I am going there tomorrow and if there it shall be mine. The FDE version of course. I shall report back.

P1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    We have both models in stock and supply from MDC has been pretty constant.
    Can you send me a link. Could not find the FDE on your web. Thanks
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    Can you send me a link. Could not find the FDE on your web. Thanks
    Not on the e store, contact orders@theshootingcentre.com for details.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Purchased a MK25 from Elwood Epps today!
    Great service and got the IOPP deal which was cool!

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Interesting of you to mention that. I've been having the same issue with my MK25 lately (consistently failing to slide-lock on empty), and still can't figure out what's going on. Mine, being Canadian-market unit, came with three 10-rd mags. I've been doing the research on this issue and even stumbled upon an article where this was explained by a poor grip (and despite the fact that I don't have this issue with any of my other handguns, I still worked my gripping technique to death with no improvement and then started thinking that something was wrong with the recoil spring). It'd be curious to test it with different mags, will do that next time I'm at the range.
    Well, however embarrassing that feels, I still need to follow up on my comment here to set the record straight. After further trial/error and research, I did trace my issue back to my grip. I'm used to a thumbs forward grip, and keeping both thumbs as close to the firing line as possible. And the most comfortable position for my right hand thumb was exactly over the slide lock lever, which I didn't really notice. Here's a video explaining the P226 grip that helps prevent the slide lock failure from occurring (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHEk...layer_embedded). I'm now retraining myself for this grip and it seems to be working very well for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Well, however embarrassing that feels, I still need to follow up on my comment here to set the record straight. After further trial/error and research, I did trace my issue back to my grip. I'm used to a thumbs forward grip, and keeping both thumbs as close to the firing line as possible. And the most comfortable position for my right hand thumb was exactly over the slide lock lever, which I didn't really notice. Here's a video explaining the P226 grip that helps prevent the slide lock failure from occurring (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHEk...layer_embedded). I'm now retraining myself for this grip and it seems to be working very well for me.
    I've had the same issue on both Sig Sauer and Glock pistols with my big thumbs. I actively make sure during firing that my thumb is not near the slide release. It sometimes still happens. Tap/rack/lockback.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast