Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marlin 1894

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Those new early Marlins made by Remington usually need internal polishing and all the excess burrs taking out. I have done two of them for friends now, and it takes about 4-5 hours if done properly.

A professional gunsmith is a lot faster, can cost approximately $80.00-$100.00, depending on your gunsmith.

If you are mechanically inclined, or gunsmith inclined, you can do the work yourself. There are a couple of You-Tube Videos on this Marlin Internal Polishing....
    And you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT have to do that with a brand new weapon that you bought. I will never buy a new marlin again, EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
    And you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT have to do that with a brand new weapon that you bought. I will never buy a new marlin again, EVER.
    Absolutely agree with your sentiment.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Order request is in!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
    Made to a price point, I guess. Maybe retail should be $100 higher for a polished gun instead of paying a smith to do same.

I've heard the bore is oversized on the 44. Any odd have one or can verify?
    Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to Remote View. It's like being psychic. Ask me how!
    A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.

I have been waiting 18 months for my Marlin 1894C in 357. I was told (by a Marlin employee over the telephone) that a production run was scheduled for April / May 2016.
    Over the weekend I came across the Marlin 2016 catalog and it raised a few alarm bells, so I called Marlin again and yes indeed... the production run on 1894C's was indefinitely postponed.
    :-(
    Gonna have to wait some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I wonder what the quality control is going to look like, made by Remington could be a crap shoot!...

I would be in for one if quality control was real good to excellent....
    Bought a 1894 Remlin 44 mag last year.
    Sold it 6 months later due to unsatisfactory accuracy.
    It looked great but shot like a open choke shotgun in a hail storm.
    Had a Rossi 92 trapper that was much lighter and dead on accurate with the same ammo but wound up selling it after a friend of ours made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by nik338 View Post
    I have been waiting 18 months for my Marlin 1894C in 357. I was told (by a Marlin employee over the telephone) that a production run was scheduled for April / May 2016.
    Over the weekend I came across the Marlin 2016 catalog and it raised a few alarm bells, so I called Marlin again and yes indeed... the production run on 1894C's was indefinitely postponed.
    :-(
    Gonna have to wait some more.
    I was waiting for YEARS before I decided to just buy an old JM. They've been pushing production for many years. Now I have two in an 1894C and 1894CSS and couldn't be happier.

I have several JM's in different caliber's but just recently picked up an 1895 SBL REM. The quality is about the same as an older JM, but some internals may still need polishing to be perfect. I would buy it again though. Can't say the same for an 1894 REM produced.

where can I buy a 45colt rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    I got one of the new production Marlin in 44Mag from a fellow CGNer. Seems to shoot pretty decent in my books but that was only 25yrds. I'll have to see how it does at 50yrds and maybe 100yrds if I can see that far with iron sights.
    CSSA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123