Expried Business Member
h13A6Oa.png

H2rCNcf.png

MVOWTMz.png

7czoLNS.png

du8NupH.png

M0UyhSE.png

Last edited:
Look like they sold out, got my Coonan this time, next time they are around, i will buy one... JP.

I like the looks of the mil spec, but for $100 more there's the range officer with target sights...

Are SA guns all series 70 firing system?

Technically they're sort of neither as they have a number of differences from each. However, they're closest to a Colt Government or non-collet-bushing (aka modern) Series 70, as they lack the Series 80 firing pin block. They do have an additional safety mechanism (ILS) in the mainspring housing (a new MSH removes this, but unlike a Series 80 firing pin block, this has no real interaction with the characteristics of the trigger pull) and they also have some dimensional differences with regard to their firing pins versus Colt's firing pin size.

Short version is they're what we now call a Series 70, without a colleted bushing (which Colt got rid of shortly after introducing it, hence why Springfield does not incorporate it).

Gary could not help himself and snapped a pic of the first of the Trophy Match pistols to sell while it was being degreased on the bench:

ms7XOCS.jpg

I think we have only one or two of these gorgeous pistols remaining.

Back
Top Bottom