Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .22 magazines across the border?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 2tall2's Avatar
    It's not an export ban, you just have to follow the ITAR rules. Lots of threads here on it, use the search function for lots of reading.

A US FFL dealer has to do the export. Best way to get something from the US is to use someone like Prophet River or IRUNGUNS, if it's something you really need to have from the US.

It has nothing to do with PAL, RPAL, or Canadian import laws. We are allowed to bring some of these things into the country, but not allowed to export them out of the US due to US ITAR.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by shootnprep View Post
    While I understand ignorance of the law is no defense, I find it to be an unrealistic expectation for a normal person to have this information.
    Although I understand your sentiment it would be just as unrealistic for one to expect those administering classes/interviews to state every single condition associated with a particular activity/privilege etc..

e.g. I'm Canadian but no one has ever read every single law/regulation that governs my existence in this wonderful country.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall2 View Post
    It's not an export ban, you just have to follow the ITAR rules. Lots of threads here on it, use the search function for lots of reading.

A US FFL dealer has to do the export. Best way to get something from the US is to use someone like Prophet River or IRUNGUNS, if it's something you really need to have from the US.

It has nothing to do with PAL, RPAL, or Canadian import laws. We are allowed to bring some of these things into the country, but not allowed to export them out of the US due to US ITAR.

I understand what the rules are and who makes them, my concern is the lack of information on the rules. One would think that this should be mentioned when asking about importing. Other than on this forum I've never heard of the export rules. Considering the life changing consequences of this it should be mentioned when asking about importing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 2tall2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shootnprep View Post
    I understand what the rules are and who makes them, my concern is the lack of information on the rules. One would think that this should be mentioned when asking about importing. Other than on this forum I've never heard of the export rules. Considering the life changing consequences of this it should be mentioned when asking about importing.
    Who were you asking about importing? Someone in Canada?

The Canadian government has it rules/regulations/laws for importing, but they don't have anything to do with you exporting firearms or parts from the US. That's US law. Ask the US government.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall2 View Post
    Who were you asking about importing? Someone in Canada?

The Canadian government has it rules/regulations/laws for importing, but they don't have anything to do with you exporting firearms or parts from the US. That's US law. Ask the US government.

BANNED
    Buy them from Brownells and save yourself the joy of having fingers in your butt...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumitru Ivanov View Post
    Ha, ha... yeah. Might be worthwhile to avoid that experience. )
    __________________________________________________ __
    You realize this topic is 5 years old
    Tomorrow is promised to no one, believe it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123