Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: SIG Sauer MCX Carbine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    If there is ever an NR version ....

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    I don't even like futuristic looking crap but man... Is this thing AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sign us all up for 2!
    Bit compatible with ar-15.. +1 million.
    The intro of the mpx and the mcx has made me look at sig the way they should... Like kings.
    Up until he mpx and the mcx, sig was an afterthought in my mind. Now I look at sig as an innovator and leader in change.
    I'm sorry, sig-boys, but any sig wouldn't touch my cz in any dept.
    now I'm left with a good feeling, finding myself wanting a SIG... Rifle.
    Triple bread rounds for the win

CGN Regular
    any chance this would be NR?
    I am pro cake.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    I'll pass. Not a bad idea thou
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 250rg View Post
    any chance this would be NR?
    I kinda have my doubts on this one... Although it does have the benefit of AR15 upper/lower incompatibility, it definitely seems like a pretty direct evolution of the AR15 design, which the RCMP could call a variant of....

Now depending a LOT on the literature, SIG may very well be smart in the marketing jargon and push it as far away from the AR15 as possible! But it depends heavily on what they say it's based off of and how close it is to fitting onto an AR15 lower/upper.

The SIG516/517 and those rifles haven't really intrigued me much, but this new MCX could be a really nice coyote gun!

BANNED
    Yay for another potentially non-res black rifle that will cost 3k+.

Very nice looking thats for sure.

Sweet looking unit. Wonder what cost would be if We ever see it here.
    Mike

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The gas regulator of the MCX upper can be accessed by removing the handguard. The handguard is fastened by the front pivot pin. Once the front pivot is pushed out, the handguard can be slided out. The barrel can also be swapped out by loosening up the 2 screws that hold the barrel assembly to the receiver.

That is good to hear, in that case an NR is no further away than a new barrel assuming the RCMP don't consider it an AR variant!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Beautiful rifle. The pistol is cool too. Looks more like PDW than a pistol. Comes with a folding pistol arm brace stock also.
    Issues with the carbine I noticed was the LOP was very short. The trigger begs for an upgrade. Heavy with a lot of creep.
    Also, you really need to " get down" low to the rifle to acquire a sight picture with the iron sights. So low that it felt uncomfortable. Your use may vary..Optical sights would benefit from a riser for sure. Weight was not too bad.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Beautiful rifle. The pistol is cool too. Looks more like PDW than a pistol. Comes with a folding pistol arm brace stock also.
    Issues with the carbine I noticed was the LOP was very short. The trigger begs for an upgrade. Heavy with a lot of creep.
    Also, you really need to " get down" low to the rifle to acquire a sight picture with the iron sights. So low that it felt uncomfortable. Your use may vary..Optical sights would benefit from a riser for sure. Weight was not too bad.
    Thanks Sa, when you say "weight is not too bad", could you elaborate, i.e. is it front end heavy etc? Bit surprised on your trigger commentary. I would have thought it would be more user friendly but perhaps it was designed to be very "safe", lawsuit safe that is

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast