Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Remington V3 and Versa Max Tactical

2015 Shot Show: Remington V3 and Versa Max Tactical

The Remington V3 shotgun is the newest autoloader in addition to the Versa Max. It is designed to be a lighter autoloader, that is 1lb less than the Versa Max, at a lower price point. While it shares the "V" in the name, it is not the same gun as the Versa Max. The bolt design is different, and so is the trigger assembly. On the other hand, it does borrow the Versa Max gas system with modification in the gas port, and the magazine tube of the V3 will accept extensions designed for the Versa Max.

Versa Max top, V3 bottom, note the difference in the operation of the shell release:

Another new product is the Versa Max Tactical, with a carbon fibre mag extension.

Last edited by greentips; 01-20-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Thank you for the pictures! I wonder if Remington is doing the same thing as 870's where the trigger group went from metal to plastic and now it looks to be doing the same thing to the autoloaders. The design looks to have limitations, it MAY NOT support 3.5" shells??? Feel free to correct me.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx Greentips.

Nice to see non tactical reports.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDX2308 View Post
    Thank you for the pictures! I wonder if Remington is doing the same thing as 870's where the trigger group went from metal to plastic and now it looks to be doing the same thing to the autoloaders. The design looks to have limitations, it MAY NOT support 3.5" shells??? Feel free to correct me.
    Not necessarily, the Benelli SuperNova has had a plastic trigger group for quite a while, and they're tough shotguns in 3.5" shells. You can still get the 870 Supermag in 3.5" shells too, which use the plastic trigger group and a longer lifter IIRC.

In any case, the trigger group is usually a fairly low stress part so I doubt there would be any issues!

Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Wonder how the plastics would stand up to cleaners/solvents?

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I had a Benelli nova for close to 10 years, it was a composite trigger housing with composite parts in the trigger group. Functioned flawlessly and I never had any issues with any cleaning products and I overuse the solvent and clean it every time.
    *None of the foregoing constitutes legal advice particular to your situation, if you are seeking a legal opinion please retain counsel.

Thanx Paul. Good to know.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    Did they mark the new versamax comptac for 3.5" shells this time?
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

Really like the Green

From the lengthy thread on ShotgunWorld the V3 is 3" only.

From the looks of the low MSRP on the V3, Remington's plan is to take away market share from the Italian Autoloaders. A 3.5" gun is a specialty gun for waterfowl or turkey that costs more to make and not everyone wants or needs. If you need that capability, then you can buy a Versa Max for more money and Remington has a decent margin on it. If you don't need 3.5" then the lower priced V3 will look quite attractive. And Remington will still have a decent profit margin on that gun. Smart move on Remington's part, assuming the V3 is a decent gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast