2015 Shot Show: PTG M700 AR-15 Magazine Bottom Metal

Thanks to the OP for this heads-up!

I just ordered one direct from the PT&G website: USD $153.63 total incl. shipping
UPS was the only shipping choice so I will get screwed at my own front door...

I just ordered one direct from the PT&G website: USD $153.63 total incl. shipping

With UPS and FedEx, you can bet on that.

IIRC, those were not just drop-in, they required modification to the stock.
I have no doubt you are right (re Rem 700 223 AR-15 mag conversions in the late 90's).
BUT, do you think this PTG kit will drop fit every type of factory stock?????

Do they currently have M14 mag conversions?
I don't know, it's been 18-20 years since then.
Robar Industries was doing it for Remington or clones,
they were charging 500-700 bux but the conversion was very high quality.
Be aware that for the M-14 conversion on a Rem action, the stock
as well as the receiver had to be modded.
The same applies to the FN FAL mag conversion.

Do these work with all kinds of mags? On the website it says they were tested with C-Products USGI mags, but will they work with PMags, TAPCO, AT-15, .50 Beowulf which must not be named on CGN, etc?

I believe they will automatically ship it via USPS even though UPS was the only option for you. When I bought a PTG bottom metal during BlackFriday sales, I was charged $33.77 shipping via USPS. You'll just get dinged with taxes and $10. CanPost handing fee. Shipping was slow! Took almost 2wks for them to fill my order and ship it, then another 10 business days to arrive.

Be sure to post a review when you get it. I'd love to know if it works with PMAGS, ATRS Pistol mags etc. :)

Not sure what all the fuss is about unless you are an American. A 30 rnd AR mag pinned to 5 makes an awful bipod:p

Well being able to use 50Beowulf or LAR15 mags sure don't hurt but the biggest thing going for me is not having to buy another type of mag or pack more gear in my range bag. AI mags ain't cheap either. :p

I don't undertand, I thoguht BA rifles were allowed an unlimited magazine?

Magazines designed for bolt action rifles are allowed unlimited capacity.
These takes magazines designed for a semi-auto.

Rifles are allowed to take whatever magazines fit in them, magazines themselves are regulated.

It has been said many times that "patience is a virtue". I guess I'm now virtuous?

I just got this from PT&G
"This item is currently on back order. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for production.
We will ship USPS Global Priority
."

When I ordered on the 21st, the website claimed 89 in stock. The website still shows 50 Units in Stock (DETAILS tab). So, if you order one, be prepared for a shipping delay. btw, I specifically requested USPS shipping and not UPS.

At least I should have it before Spring shooting begins...

Back
Top Bottom