Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: LWRCI SMG-45

2015 Shot Show: LWRCI SMG-45

I have a chance to take a quick look at the only existing LWRCI SMG-45 prototype. First of all, this is a prototype, so production may or may not happen, and it will be some years down the road.

The LWRCI SMG-45 works on what they called an “inertia system”. It is not exactly a straight blowback that relies on the bolt mass to close on the chamber. Rather, it is described as a system where the bolt and barrel work together to create the mass, which are guided by 2 rods inside the receiver. Looking through the ventilation hole in the handguard, the barrel appears to be under spring compression. So it appears that the spring may provide part of the force that is needed to keep the bolt close during firing.

The lower receiver uses AR15 fire control part, and the current intention is to use HK UMP 45 magazines. So this could be targeted to agencies that are currently using the UMP.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Anything new from LWRC besides this SMG. Did you manage to look at their IC PDW? Thanks for any info/pics you can swing out way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Mmmmmmoney!
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I'm really interested in either this or the sig mpx
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Cool neat machine. Very interested....
    “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.”

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I'm really interested in either this or the sig mpx
    ^^ this
    Get some!!! ^^

That sure is purdy, hopefully it A) goes into production and B) comes in an NR classification up here in Canada.

CGN Regular
    This...sig mpx....scorpion evo 3.....B&T APC9. God il take any of them at this point! Need moar SMG!

(I know rcmp have had the APC9 for eons...hopfully this year they finally classify it)

Very Cool Gun. I really the the Ambi- controls beginning left handed. Charging handle I believe they said was reversible also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpsway View Post
    That sure is purdy, hopefully it A) goes into production and B) comes in an NR classification up here in Canada.
    To be NR it would need a longer barrel, which would ruin the look... like on the vector, the super long barrel just looks funny...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast