Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Magnetospeed V3

I just ordered one and will give it a try. Have been waiting for the Lab Radar unit but they are obviously having a few challenges getting started so I will wait and let them get everything worked out before investing in that. I have heard that some folks are concerned about hanging 4.4 oz on the end of their barrel and the effect that will have on accuracy. I also ordered the rail adapter so I can rig something up to take that out of the picture. I'll be using it on an AX and Coyote so with minor fabrication I should be able to attach it to the forend rail. I wonder if it will work off the side? Can't see what would make a difference but stranger things have happened.

The adapter makes it usable on pistols as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Does it read lead bullets now or not?

BANNED
    Any idea of the eventual price of the Lab Radar?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    Any idea of the eventual price of the Lab Radar?
    nope, but I would like to read a few reviews before I buy it. Looks good in practice, but how does it really work in real life?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Snipers Hide claims $559.

Think original company is Canadian.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Lab Radar looks awesome.
    Not sure about the magnetospeed, and it doesn't work with lead? and an adapter for pistols? so this wouldn't be much good for ISPC / IDPA spot checks? Yes, the accuracy effect question having this mounted on the barrel? Surely wouldn't work for archery.
    Seems like a step backwards from the old chrony I already have that was $150.
    ??? why is this better???
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    the chrony sucks seriously. hard to setup, any light conditions makes it unusable.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by RPgunguy View Post
    Lab Radar looks awesome.
    Not sure about the magnetospeed, and it doesn't work with lead? and an adapter for pistols? so this wouldn't be much good for ISPC / IDPA spot checks? Yes, the accuracy effect question having this mounted on the barrel? Surely wouldn't work for archery.
    Seems like a step backwards from the old chrony I already have that was $150.
    ??? why is this better???
    For those who need confidence in the chronie data they are generating to make the best ammo possible, the Magnetospeed is the gold standard at this time.

And that audience are mostly long gun precision shooters using jacketed bullets.

The same audience that invests in quality annealing and scales that cost alot of money.

But when your sport costs $2 to 6 dollar each time you pull the trigger, these tools make for very good investments.

Not for everyone....

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PerversPépère's Avatar

Labradar

Wednesday, back at the range, I had the chance to see the LabRadar being tested by one of its creators.
    They are manufacturing it in Trois-Rivières, about 45 km south from my place.
    ht tp://www.mylabradar.com/
    The instrument is about the size of a double-thickness 15" laptop. Very well finished and weather resistant. Runs on 6 AA batteries or a USB connection.
    It needs a tripod but I would attach it to the bench with a small ballhead on a Manfrotto clamp; easier to manage.
    It ran very well and gave us very consistent readings.
    Now, I just sent them an e-mail. I hope they can sell it direct to me without going through a distributor.
    PP.
    Mr. Allan Suck rocks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234