Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Cadex CDX Rifles

2015 Shot Show: Cadex CDX Rifles

Cadex released their own line of precision rifles this year. We had the opportunity to sit down with one of their reps for an in depth interview about the rifle. The rifles feature their own custom action, and the same action is used for all three cartridges: 308 Win., 300 Win. Mag and 338 Lapua. They simply change the location of a bolt stop to limit travel. The action is a 1.550" round action. The footprint is unique and will require its own inlet if used in stock other than Cadex. Yes, they will be selling the actions alone. The action will work with short action AICS magazines with or without the front place as well as long action AICS magazines in both standard and CIP. The mag well is a modular sleeve that can be switched out. This means that you can change from a .308 WIN to a .338 Lapua by changing the barrel, the bolt, the mag well sleeve and the magazine.

The bolt is a 3 lug design with a 70 degree bolt throw. It has Mauser type 2 position safety latch and an M16 style extractor. The bolt design and length are the same for all three cartridges. The only portion of the bolt that changes is the boltface and the lugs. Cadex offer several different bolt handle options. The barrel is made by Bartlein and is 1.300" at the chamber but which reduces to 1" before the muzzle. It is fluted to reduce weight. The muzzle is threaded 5/8-24 for the 308 and 300 WM, and 3/4-20 for the 338. They've also come out with their own muzzle brake that use a clamping system like the Badger FTE, which allows it to be removed, reinstalled and timed by the user. The brake has three large rear-angled ports and looks like it should be quite effective.

Any brand of trigger made for the Remington 700 can be used in the action. However, Cadex has come out with their own single stage (DX1) and two stage (DX2) triggers that are adjustable for weight and travel. The trigger shoe can also be adjusted. These triggers were designed for harsh environments and have gone through ingress testing to ensure reliability. Yet, they can be adjusted from 5 lbs down to 1.5 lbs

* GT - same pic posted twice

Last edited by kombayotch; 01-24-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Street price?

Gorgeous product top notch quality

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx Kombayotch.

Really taking an interest in these for 300 or 338.

Will the Canadian dollar value affect pricing as they are "Canadian made" Any parts from States?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Wow those look pretty sweet
    Mike

Beautiful.

I wish I lived in a universe where I could justify that purchase, lol

If you try hard enough you can justify anything!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I believe that they come as pictured with out brake for 5 999$ for the lite strike and for 5 199 for the tac strike (magpul prs version)

As seen here http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ighlight=cadex

Will this quebec company be selling to the us? Is there even any other Canadian company that is selling gun in the usa?

I guess i can't edit my post:s i was going to bad, it would be nice to know the weight of those rifle, and also i find it cool that the 308,300 and 338 are the same price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast