Shot Show 2015: Standard Manufacturing Company DP-12 Double Barrel Bullpup Shotgun

ceriksson

Salty Knife Nut<br>Moderator
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
This one generated a lot of buzz for Shot 2015.

The DP-12 is a unique design featuring a double barrel, doubled magazine bullpup shotgun.

To make it simple: Load 16 rounds into the gun (yes 16!)

Pump the action, it loads two rounds (one into each chamber)
Pull the trigger once, first round fires, pull the trigger again, second round fires.
pump another 2 rounds, rinse and repeat.

The shotgun is pretty comfortable to shoot. Not as heavy as it looks. The ammo does add weight as you would expect. Definitely a fun toy if you have excess shotgun rounds hanging around that you want to clear out of lol. 16 rounds disappears awful fast.

I did get a change to shoot it at the range and it was a lot of fun. It can be susceptible to short strokes though and I did see it get binded up with a short stroke which required too much effort than necessary to clear.

MSRP is $1400 USD

See if this works for you guys

Last edited:
Seems like an answer looking for a question, but I like it. I kind of think the bang, bang, pump, bang, bang, pump would take an awful lot of spent shells to get natural with.

This gun fires a tube at a time. Not one pull two booms. No option for that either. It also does not allow alternating tubes or single tube feeding. One pump, two goes in. The complicating thing is it introduces a new manual of arms since you have to train yourself to pump once, shoot twice. For all of us who are used to the pump once, shoot once shotties, this will take some getting used to, especially under pressure. The short stroking issues are typical of the bullpup types like the KSG and UTAS. When you have so many rds, you tend to go crazy and pump them out too fast leading to short stroking issues. The rep told me these are more reliable than Keltec's but I would take that with a pinch of salt. Actual usage and time will tell.

I'll stay with my 870 I like that companies are trying to create new things but the should focus on making existing models lighter over making new heavier items IMO it looks good for the movies though.

Looks very familiar... I wonder what Kel Tec thinks about this? Perhaps it was a joint venture as the aesthetics are well... very similar lol. Given a quick cursory glance if you were to remove the second barrel it would almost look identical.

I'm enjoying the SHOT show reports immensely, so thanks for posting about this one too! As for this gun being a temptation for me~I probably wouldn't buy one if it was 1/4 that price, but I suspect there are countless people who would. Great to see new products, and new(ish) ideas though.

So for duck hunting, could I have 2 in each mag? Therefore getting 6 shots before worrying about reloading? Because that would be awesome when a big flock is landing.

Back
Top Bottom