Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: MKEK MPT-76 The new Turkish Military Battle Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    If this can come in as NR, there would be huge interest. The Turks are making good quality stuff these days and for a good price too.
    Agreed. In the UK and parts of Europe Turkish made product is extremely popular in the O/U shotgun market with very high quality kit at very reasonable prices.

if this is cheaper then the robson, say 1500 and NR this will be the next greatest thing.
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmmm.....It looks kind of like a 308 version of the Beretta AR 160. Be nice to take a look of her field stripped to see what (if any) similarities there are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
    if this is cheaper then the robson, say 1500 and NR this will be the next greatest thing.
    $1500? Give me a break.

Why is there always one in every thread about a new gun?
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    When everyone seems to be going/has gone to 5.56, the Turks stay with 308. Interesting. They must have lots of cash for ammo....

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    When everyone seems to be going/has gone to 5.56, the Turks stay with 308. Interesting. They must have lots of cash for ammo....
    The difference in ammo costs may be at least partially offset by being somewhat less reliant on $upport weapons.

You can buy a lot of 7.62 for the $50K+ a pop you could save on ATGMs, artillery fire missions and airstrikes.

Anyways I like it, I like Turkish guns in general, here's hoping it makes it in.
    Canada is done, save the West.

That'd be sweet to see in Canada, and we can dream for a low MSRP, can we not?

Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post
    The difference in ammo costs may be at least partially offset by being somewhat less reliant on $upport weapons.

You can buy a lot of 7.62 for the $50K+ a pop you could save on ATGMs, artillery fire missions and airstrikes.

Anyways I like it, I like Turkish guns in general, here's hoping it makes it in.
    They've tried switching to 5.56 at one point, issued to sergeants of smaller field teams. Those that received the rifle became the priority target during conflicts due to different sound signature compared to 7.62 coming out of G3s. Other complain was the stopping power; there had been reports that they kept firing back even when they are wounded with Centre of Mass shots... That is primarily why they stayed with 7.62.

Ammunition is made by a government owned company, so cost isn't exactly the biggest concern.

That being said, special teams have access to 5.56 firing weapon systems as they require...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    $1500? Give me a break.

Why is there always one in every thread about a new gun?
    ok have it your way then would you prefer it to be a $40,000 introductory price?
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
    ok have it your way then would you prefer it to be a $40,000 introductory price?
    It doesn't matter what I (or anyone else here) would prefer. I'm not a millionaire so I would be more than happy to see cheap stuff but it ain't going to happen.

Reality is that any new military or quasi-military semi auto rifle, especially a .308 battle rifle - made by anyone other than Norinco - is going to cost more than $2k and probably closer to $3k. There isn't anything similar on the market for under $2500, why do you think this would be?

Guys post in every new black rifle thread about how cheap they should be and it sounds whiney and entitled. I'd just be happy to see them come into the country as NR and if they are in my budget then great if not then I it will go on the wish list.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast