Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: MKEK MPT-76 The new Turkish Military Battle Rifle

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    It doesn't matter what I (or anyone else here) would prefer. I'm not a millionaire so I would be more than happy to see cheap stuff but it ain't going to happen.

Reality is that any new military or quasi-military semi auto rifle, especially a .308 battle rifle - made by anyone other than Norinco - is going to cost more than $2k and probably closer to $3k. There isn't anything similar on the market for under $2500, why do you think this would be?

Guys post in every new black rifle thread about how cheap they should be and it sounds whiney and entitled. I'd just be happy to see them come into the country as NR and if they are in my budget then great if not then I it will go on the wish list.
    I feel you are wrong first when you have Chilean rifles priced about the same as Swiss made rifles.
    Turkish made rifles should be cheaper especially if they will be ade during a run of rifles in the 100,000's for the Turkish military.
    When you have American made rifles such as Robinson being priced cheaper than Tavor with the Tavor made out polymer and sold for about $1000 cheaper in the USA or Famae coming out of a larger scale military manufacturer being priced where its at. I feel that Canadian firearms consumers do have the right to scratch there head and go hmmm.
    I am pro cake.

CGN Regular
    I hate to say it, but looking at it reminds me of a paintball marker called the DYE DAM:

People who think they can get it for 1500 are dreaming. If this comes through, there will be 500,000 units to replace in the Turkish military and it will take over 10 years just to fill military contract. Last I heard they only have the capacity to make 15,000 units a year at this point. Unless there is a good opportunity to make some good money, why bother? Civilian sale only makes sense when there is a nice margin to retool between military runs.

Their main civilian line is based on the G3 and the MP5, which are no longer needed for turkish military contracts and completely paid for. That is what they want to sell to civies, not the MPT-76.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

It looks like a Beretta ARX-100. Cool!

CCFR, CSSA Member. Regina Fish and Game League VP

HI guys ! I just saw the thread whan I surfing the ınternet and want to give more informations about the MPT-76 rifle family....

Basic Tecnical Specifications:

Main models: (Carbine/Assault/DMR)

And also we have optical sights based on ELCAN to use on new rifle and general purpose machine guns, developing by aselsan

The standard rifle case is including five polymer 20 round magazines, 1 blank magazine for the exercises, blank adapter, knife, tactical 3 point sling, carry handle, gripod and angled foregrip

Photos from the field...

And also one fo the main designers Kalekalıp has it's own 5.56x45mm version based on MPT-76

And also one fof the main designers Kalekalıp has it's own 5.56x45mm version based on MPT-76

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Hi Deno

Thanks for posting those. Are you connected with MKE?

It is a great looking rifle, it would be nice to see them available here.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

Nope I'm not a member of MKEK, just interesting in military who has some skilled friends in right positions

The Turkish Deparment of Defence ordered 191.471 rifles under 18.6 Million USD contract from MKEK for the first serial production batch. The MKEK guys calculated they can produce approximate 20.000+ rifles in a year. The serial production of the rifles are just started two or three weeks ago...

So their priority mission to complete army's orders. Our elite units like paratroopers, mountain commandos, peace forces, gendarmerie forces and marines are using MKEK made and modified HK-33 rifle variants produced between 1998 to 2012. The main demand for this rifle to change old MKEK produced G3A3/A4 rifles using by regular infantry which are produced between 1967 to 1985. You can understand these rifles are too old for the standard service and need immediately change. In our army, there are almost 500.000 G3 rifles are in active service and more than 400.000 are keeping in storage.

So for urgency of the new standart service rifle, other companies may join the serial production with MKEK to produce more rifles in short time of period. But in civil market, they can't act untill they finish the army's needs. So unfortunately we can't see this rifle in civil market for long time, maybe three or four years ago...

And also about of our special forces, they changed all of their old Colt carbine models with new HK416A5 rifles, the special police force guys bought HK417A2, SIG516 and SIG556 rifles and Navy guys modified their M4A1 models and buy more of these. Even the Gendarmerie units are testing the HK G28 model to replace their old Dragunovs. They didn't wait the DMR model of the MPT-76...

CGN Regular
    is it me or is the upper and lower have a step in them so it's not a flat mounting surface? also i see that they moved the take down pin closer to the selector. i don't think it's a variant of the ar rifle but it looks close enough for them to say it is.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DENO View Post
    Nope I'm not a member of MKEK, just interesting in military who has some skilled friends in right positions

The Turkish Deparment of Defence ordered 191.471 rifles under 18.6 Million USD contract from MKEK for the first serial production batch. The MKEK guys calculated they can produce approximate 20.000+ rifles in a year. The serial production of the rifles are just started two or three weeks ago...

So their priority mission to complete army's orders. Our elite units like paratroopers, mountain commandos, peace forces, gendarmerie forces and marines are using MKEK made and modified HK-33 rifle variants produced between 1998 to 2012. The main demand for this rifle to change old MKEK produced G3A3/A4 rifles using by regular infantry which are produced between 1967 to 1985. You can understand these rifles are too old for the standard service and need immediately change. In our army, there are almost 500.000 G3 rifles are in active service and more than 400.000 are keeping in storage.

So for urgency of the new standart service rifle, other companies may join the serial production with MKEK to produce more rifles in short time of period. But in civil market, they can't act untill they finish the army's needs. So unfortunately we can't see this rifle in civil market for long time, maybe three or four years ago...

And also about of our special forces, they changed all of their old Colt carbine models with new HK416A5 rifles, the special police force guys bought HK417A2, SIG516 and SIG556 rifles and Navy guys modified their M4A1 models and buy more of these. Even the Gendarmerie units are testing the HK G28 model to replace their old Dragunovs. They didn't wait the DMR model of the MPT-76...
    So three or four years to maybe hit the civilian market then three or four years for the RCMP to have it sit in the lab.....I won't hold my breath.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast