2015 Shot Show: UTAS XTS-12 magazine fed semi automatic shotgun

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Another Turkish product(s) from UTAS. This time there are 2 semi automatic magazine fed shotguns.

Don’t ask me why they make 2 models that pretty much do the same thing. No one at UTAS can articulate why, other than that one is designed by UTAS Turkey, and the other is more or less an American idea realized by UTAS.

XTS-12
15728579443_54e8a3401a_b.jpg

The XTS-12 is the pure Turkish creation. It can be made to eject in either left or right by flipping the bolt head over. The barrel is threaded so it can accept different types of choke. Proprietary 2, 5, 7 and 10 round magazines will be available. Please be assured the ugly flap/rib/ridge thing over the picatinny rail was glued on for the show only, because the company thinks that it will appeal to clay bird shooters. Even the staff at the booth is a bit skeptical, and the real production will only have the rail. Right now they are talking about 2015 spring delivery.

The XTR -12 is the US idea, that uses AR10 lower receiver. The upper and lower are 7075T6 aluminum like a typical AR10. It handles like an AR. This is good news for those ( like me ) who don’t like shooting typical shotguns because it takes too much to time to learn a new set of manual of arms. The gun can take up to 3” magnum. When I looked at the magazine they had in the XT-12, it was a 308 P-Mag. The show staff was like "ah-ha", and put it away. :) Looks like they still have some tweaking to do so availability will be later than the XTS-12, and probably in summer according to them.

XTS-12 top, XTR-12 botton
16162339379_3134c296b0_b.jpg

Last edited:
what's the ugly rib on top of the XTS?

Me likey the XTR, would look cooler with shorter barrel, especially if it's going to be restricted anyway, might as well make it look super evil

Unfortunately, they plan on releasing the AR 10 'variant' first, which means complications for the second, non AR based platform, I'm sure.
Nice handling shotgun, in both versions, though I'm NOT a fan of the 'rib from hell', on the proprietary Turkish design.

wow one gun to rule the bush moose black bear beeeeware. I wuold buy one providing its at a common sense price and its NR

Unfortunately, they plan on releasing the AR 10 'variant' first, which means complications for the second, non AR based platform, I'm sure.
Nice handling shotgun, in both versions, though I'm NOT a fan of the 'rib from hell', on the proprietary Turkish design.

If no one imports it then the turkish gun could be imported first. Not really holding my breath though.

Back
Top Bottom