Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Leapers UTG Full Metal Recon 360 Bipod

Salty Knife Nut

2015 Shot Show: Leapers UTG Full Metal Recon 360 Bipod

Leapers, the makers of low-price shooting hunting accessories is offering this new bipod. I am going to go ahead and call it a poor man's Atlas. Simply because they basically took Kasey's design and made it their own.

It features a rail mounted ball joint based mechanism with independent legs capable of being set in 5 different angles.

MSRP is around 60$ USD

Feature outline:
    • All Metal Construction
    • Picatinny Attachment: the pictures and show display feature a single knob to tighten however they are advertising a lever quick detach capability
    • Approximately 6-9" height with 5 adjustment height notches in between
    • Rubber Feet
    • Full 360 degree pan
    • Tilt and pitch as well
    • rubber gasket around ball to increase resistance to sand and debris getting on joint.
    • Ball joint can be tightened with screw in front and back of bipod body

For the price range I thought it was pretty decent. The Legs are moved with a button latch and have some movement while in their position but they seem sturdy enough. I did not get to see it actually attached to a firearm though.

The legs adjust with a button latch but can be tightened down like a harris bipod with a knob tensioner.

The panning capability is pretty impressive, you can turn it right around with no resistance. Since it uses a ball joint, much like the Atlas, you can tilt it side to side about 10-20 degrees or so

You can see the rubber piece that goes around the ball joint. it serves two purposes: to reduce the amount of crap getting into the joint and also to make the tilt and pan a little softer.

Looks like a cheaper alternative for your bang-around hunting rifles / truck guns.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I like it, I hope that it holds up as well as my UTG 870 forend. that thing is a tank.

Nice bi-pod. Let me know if anyone in Canada is carrying this and if not I will look to one of my favorite sellers in the US and see if they carry it https://www.combathunting.com/Tactic...le_Bipods.html. They carry a lot of UTG stuff.
    "Said I didn't have much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it"
    Tom Sellek - Quigley Down Under
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, GBHA, ORA,

CGN frequent flyer
    I'll take one if they're available in canada

Quote Originally Posted by ceriksson View Post
    Feature outline:
    • All PotMetal Construction
    Fixed for accuracy (or lack thereof).
    On all of my EE listings, I describe every item to the best of my honest ability. If you have a question about an item, it is on you to ask before buying it! Once I receive payment for an item, I consider it sold and do not do returns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    For that price it would be interesting!
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Available for sale online yet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Humm, looks 'aight. I'd give one a try seeing as I'm in the market for a bipod.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I would take one right now! I am in N-B. We have stupid preservation laws so there basically no target shooting outside a shooting range, for me anyway. I don't beet my gun's around and i don't usually use a bipod for hunting so there no point of me buying a 400$ atlas bipod, this would be perfect for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast