Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Osprey Armament Mk-36 - M1A/M14 AR Style Rifle

Super Moderator
    Of course, when Justin becomes PM, an OIC could classify a M305 in this chassis to be restricted or prohibited... Unless the M-305 and other commercial M-14 type rifles are just restricted or prohibited, along with all other semi autos...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Of course, when Justin becomes PM, an OIC could classify a M305 in this chassis to be restricted or prohibited... Unless the M-305 and other commercial M-14 type rifles are just restricted or prohibited, along with all other semi autos...
    Not only that, but no one will ever have to work again, even the truly lazy and ignorant will be rich, and happiness will reign upon the land.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoguntim View Post
    If it looks like an ar lower, but the unterface is different, then I don't see how this would be any different then the non-restricted ATRS Modern Hunter rifle...
    The bad ew company 338lm semi is restricted as it is a ar variant, it only fits the AR trigger parts. An upper will not fit on it. Yet it is a restricted AR variant.
    Soooo why would this not be?

Oh yeah!
    but damn, now I have 4 build in mind now...damn it!

I could be wrong, but people seem to think the RCMP are going to inspect this. If they company labels it as a chassis, and I am sure that is what they are labelling, then the RCMP wont even be taking a look at it. They don't classify chassis, they classify firearms.

I'd rather be a peace maker than a peace keeper

CGN Regular
    Wow! this is going to confuse the crap out of the lab.........everything is going to be put on hold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    This is an aluminum stock chassis, it's no different than the offerings from MDT, for example. It's not even firearm.

Now stop all the stupidity in this thread.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    I didn't really realize this was a chassis, I thought it was some bastardized mix that is a new firearm.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    This is an aluminum stock chassis, it's no different than the offerings from MDT, for example. It's not even firearm.

It's slightly diffrent then any other m14/m1a chassis out there in that it uses a proprietary trigger system....there's shotgun models out there that are "ar lookalikes",have absolutely zero compatibility with any ar 15 parts with the exception of a buttstock,and are still classified as AR varients....yes I know this isint a complete firearm ,( or maybe it is?maybe it requires extensive mods to work with that lower),but it the same logic....looks like an ar....must be an AR...when have we ever agreed with any classification the rcmp has made?

I hope your right and this is sold,and imported as solely a stock and just a bolt on part for a M1a/M14,all im saying is don't get too disappointed when the rcmp decided against that.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
    It doesn't "look like it", it is an AR lower...
    Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post

Thank you...

I was just scrolling through and was ready to post something that would probably earn an infraction. I can't believe just how dumb (yet opinionated) some people can be.

Unless it's made as a bull pup or manipulates the trigger in such a manor, as to fire two or more consecutive shots with one pull, there is absolutely no reason under current law in Canada why this would be sold as just a new stock; available to anyone, anywhere.