2015 Shot Show: Osprey Armament Mk-36 - M1A/M14 AR Style Rifle

ceriksson

Salty Knife Nut<br>Moderator
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
A very very unique and cool prototype was on display at Osprey Armament.

It is a AR lower 'like' system for a M1A. Still in protyping but almost ready for production, just some minor kinks to work out. They plan to have it out sometime this year. Price is not determined at all yet I don't believe.

It is still a prototype and the display model was just a 3D printed prototype

They wouldn't let me take pics of the inside of the receiver.

They did have a machined receiver there but the final ones will be made differently.

Here is some eye candy from their booth unrelated to the Mk36

Last edited:
giphy.gif

You caught my attention.

I know it's still at the prototype stage,but did they hint at any plans of exporting if this goes to market?

I don't like how negatively most people seem to think. This looks to be equivalent to putting the M1A into a different stock. It's clearly the same firearm before and after the "lower" is put on it, so it should be fine.

wouldn't think it would be restricted seeing that the upper portion of a m14 is whats classified not the lower like a ar but I could be way wrong.

wouldn't think it would be restricted seeing that the upper portion of a m14 is whats classified not the lower like a ar but I could be way wrong.

I'm betting or buddies in the lab will deem it an ar varient....I hope to all things holy that's it's not though.

I don't like how negatively most people seem to think. This looks to be equivalent to putting the M1A into a different stock. It's clearly the same firearm before and after the "lower" is put on it, so it should be fine.

From what I understand (and I am happy to be educated differently), in this case it would be the lower that is deemed the "firearm" here in Canada. If that is correct, since the lower is an AR, then it would be restricted. Why then call out others on this thread as being "negative"?

....if the price isn't in the Ramen for 6 months range I could see lusting for a 30-06....just to say I have a 30-06 black gun.

Back
Top Bottom