2015 Shot Show: Kingston Armory M1 Garand and M1A .22LR

Probably going after the Appleseed market.

Lol! At least one person gets their purpose.

These have training values in that they have the same size and feel of the real rifles, a similar charging handle and the same sights as the real rifles. The M1A and the Garand are used extensively in the National matches at Camp Perry and in the Civilian Marksmanship Program. These are a great tool for introducing young shooters to shooting those rifles.

For the Garand version, it has to have a mini enbloc clip that fits .22 LR's then goes flying with the 'ping' sound when you empty it. Otherwise I'm not interested. ;-D

For the Garand version, it has to have a mini enbloc clip that fits .22 LR's then goes flying with the 'ping' sound when you empty it. Otherwise I'm not interested. ;-D

A cool concept but unfortunately when you employ an open top autoloading action like the Garand and M-14 designed for locked breach firing, to blowback operation,.. there's at times the nasty sand being thrown into your face from un-burnt propellant as the action "blows open". Anyone who has the M-1 Chiappa .22 USGI Carbine replica should know what I'm talking about. Not a great big deal mind you,..just make sure you always use your safety glasses and anyone else in close proximity of the breech.

Everything has a niche I suppose, but as it's been stated two dozen times the price has to be right. I don't know how the M1A/M14 would do up here, as you can get a Norc M14 for $500 on a good day. Maybe the the extra $300-$400 is worth it for .22LR I guess.

These weren't made for the sandpit plinking crowd, they were made for serious competitors. For someone who is going to go out and fire tens of thousands of rounds practicing for Camp Perry and have his children fire tens of thousands of rounds training them for it with something that feels the same as actual rifle. The $300-400 over a 10/22 is peanuts. They won't think twice about it. Its a no-brainer, its an investment when you consider the ammo cost, travels costs, match fees, etc... involved in competing.

Beautiful stocks but the magazines are effed. Could be wrong but I second that it looks like a 10/22 action.

Back
Top Bottom